Storage for cards

OberonSVK

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hello fellow cardsmen

I am fairly new to card magic and also collecting cards. My collection is getting bigger and bigger and the main topic of this thread is I would like to know how and where do you guys store your cards ? - To get any idea how should I store my cards.

I saw in a video from Chris Ramsay that he has something like a metal drawers which perfectly fits for playing cards. If you do have something like that can you refer where to buy such things ?

Thank you all for reading and replying on this have a nice day :)

MikeK1

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2015
I have a very large collection... like over 1,000 decks...I have a Problem lol. I store mine on a book shelf. I think I got It at Walmart. It’s cheap and does the job. I’ve been looking for that metal draw for over a year and still can’t find it. I have Emailed Dan and Dave because I know they have something similar in there showroom. They told me to look for library card catalogs online. Honestly I cant find anything worth noting. If you find something let me know! :)

Zeede

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2018
Store or display your cards?

I'd suggest IKEA, that's where I got my display shelves. As for simple storage, I know David from Magic Orthodoxy simply uses the long rectangular cardboard boxes that kids store(d) baseball cards or Magic the Gathering cards in.

OberonSVK

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2018
Store or display your cards?

I'd suggest IKEA, that's where I got my display shelves. As for simple storage, I know David from Magic Orthodoxy simply uses the long rectangular cardboard boxes that kids store(d) baseball cards or Magic the Gathering cards in.

Well I ment storing :) yeah for displaying a small bunch is ok I can handle that but I ment storing :) .

I have a very large collection... like over 1,000 decks...I have a Problem lol. I store mine on a book shelf. I think I got It at Walmart. It’s cheap and does the job. I’ve been looking for that metal draw for over a year and still can’t find it. I have Emailed Dan and Dave because I know they have something similar in there showroom. They told me to look for library card catalogs online. Honestly I cant find anything worth noting. If you find something let me know! :)

Oh thanks. Yeah exactly forgot about Dan and Dave that they have it in showroom :) I thought it is something like that for storing the card catalogs in library but could find any suitable one and definitely will let you know if I find something like that :)

I use old Napa Valley wooden cassette tape shelves to display all my stuff. They are all over ebay. I got lucky and found mine at an antique shop.

yeah also a great idea :) thanks

Reactions: bryanmills21

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
After weeks of searching the interweb.. amazon, ebay, ikea, home depot, lowe's, walmart, etc... I decided to build one myself. It's literally a book case if books were 5 inches tall. It's 10 shelves high (making it over 4 feet tall), about 30" wide and 3" deep. My dimensions came from necessity because a standard deck of cards are 3.5"x2.5" without the box. With the box, slightly bigger. I wanted each shelf to be 5" tall because I didn't want to wedge a finger to get out a deck. It's 3" deep to allow a small lip to hang out below the deck. 30" wide so if I wanted to bookshelf my decks, I could fit 2 bricks per shelf.

It's pretty simple to build. Just a rectangle. Wood glue and nails. Make sure each shelf if half inch thick to handle the weight of the paper.

Oct 2, 2018
If you could post a pic, that may inspire others to do the same...me included. Luckily I work in a retail environment and we're getting rid of a bunch of old fixtures, so I snagged a display that's supposed to hold small books but my decks fit in it perfectly. Plus there's room to add more decks.
upload_2019-1-9_0-50-39.jpeg

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results