Strong effects with borrowed objects?

Jan 11, 2011
Hey guys. So, everyone is always going on about how effects performed with borrowed objects are always stronger (which is true.), so I've been looking to spice up my walkaround repertoire with impromptu (or not) effects using everyday objects, which can be borrowed. So far, I've got:
Jacob's Ladder (Daniel Garcia)
Touch (Hanson Chien)
And All will be Consumed (Chris Wiehl)

Not nearly enough. I'd like to beef it up a bit more before going out to perform. Note, I usually only have about 1-2 minutes to perform, as I do it in the halls, so card effects aren't really workable here. And I suck with coins. Unless the effect is absolutely, die-hard, mindblowingly amazing, I'd prefer to stay away from coins.

As always, thanks so much!

-Alex

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Check out a lot more Daniel Garcia stuff. He has tons of work on ordinary objects that you'll want to add to your repertoire immediately. Also, try looking into some Jay Sankey and Eric Ross stuff too. They've got nice material on everyday objects. I would recommend something in particular, but I'm not sure of what your act looks like or what your style of performing is.

Jan 11, 2011
Check out a lot more Daniel Garcia stuff. He has tons of work on ordinary objects that you'll want to add to your repertoire immediately. Also, try looking into some Jay Sankey and Eric Ross stuff too. They've got nice material on everyday objects. I would recommend something in particular, but I'm not sure of what your act looks like or what your style of performing is.

Well, when performing in the halls, I don't have a style in particular. I just get in, blow their minds, and get out as quickly I can.
What Daniel Garcia effects would you recommend?

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Well, when performing in the halls, I don't have a style in particular. I just get in, blow their minds, and get out as quickly I can. What Daniel Garcia effects would you recommend?

Fraud's always nice.

I have the first 3 Daniel Garcia Projects, and if you're gonna just get 1, I recommend number 2. I have yet to get 4-6 but many have said that 4 is the best out of the last 3. But check out the project description page here at theory11. There you can find every trick thats featured on the projects.

I would also recommend Jay Sankey's "Anytime Anywhere" for some more material. Considering the fact that you seem like you mainly do magic in school, I wouldn't suggest doing magic with cards or cell phones. Check out some rubberband tricks to, there are some great DVDs for interesting plots with them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results