Submit a trick: Reality check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
I listened to a podcast earlier about Dan White and JB about the Submit a Trick portion of the website. Honestly, I was quite uneasy when JB said that, "I'm one of the guys who run through the tricks submitted everyday."(Maybe I wasn't that close in this statement of what he said but lets continue) "And I watch each video from 3-5 seconds then I move on. When I see a submission using a sponge ball and cards, I immediately click NEXT."

Hold up!...So from 3-5 seconds did JB see the trick?did he see the routine?Probably not.With respect for your website and your team,JB's statement really sparks some intrigue at my part. Maybe before I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE WORK OF OTHER ARTISTS, BUT NOW IS DIFFERENT!!!!!!What you did of neglecting to fully see the creativity of other artists ain't really living up to RESPECTING THEIR WORK CLAIM THAT I READ WHEN HE POSTED A STATEMENT IN A RESPECT-related thread.

IF YOU REALLY RESPECTED THEIR WORK, WATCH THE FULL PERFORMANCE!!!!!!I respect Dan White for enduring to watch and staying positive about each submission that he comes across, despite the number of submissions everyday.I should say that not watching the FULL PERFORMANCE of an artist who spent a lot of time in creating the method for his/her effect is DISRESPECTFUL.

Its unfair!THe artists spent 100 hours in making the effect, and when he submits it to t11, the facilitators spend 2 seconds on it and lets the effect disappear.Is that fair?OK!I GET IT, NOT ALL THAT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED CAN BE TURNED INTO PRODUCTS. BUT STILL THE SWEAT AND BLOOD OF EACH ARTISTS RUN ALIVE IN EACH EFFECT THEY COME-UP WITH AND DESERVES TO BE VIEWED FULLY AND DESERVES TO BE GIVEN RESPECT.

According to the podcast, the difference of t11 and other magic websites is that t11 HAS A TEAM!THE BEST TEAM IN THE INDUSTRY!Well, if you can't treat other creators outside your so-called team with RESPECT IN EVEN THE SMALLEST MANNERS, you should stop calling your team the best...

SO what if there are many submissions?so what if it comes by the millions?Isn't it part of your jobs as t11 staff?There are millions of aspiring CREATORS IN THE WORLD WHO ARE PRAYING TO BE APPRECIATED AND RESPECTED FOR THEIR CREATIONS AND WORK. AND IT WOULD BE SAD TO NOTE IF t11 WILL BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO PREVENTS THESE CREATORS FROM RECEIVING THE RESPECT THAT IS DUE TO THEM,EVEN IN-FRONT AND BEHIND THE CAMERA.

Hope this opinion opens other's eyes in share what I see. If not?see you next time...
Your opinion is only yours. I've got one question: where can I listen to this podcast? Couldn't find it by searching on forum and website.

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I don't see any problem even if they judge a video after 2-3 sec. of viewing. The team created many effect, they probably watch a LOT of videos that u guyz are submitting everyday. With that said, don't u think they can tell a bad performance from a mile away .... ?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I don't see any problem even if they judge a video after 2-3 sec. of viewing. The team created many effect, they probably watch a LOT of videos that u guyz are submitting everyday. With that said, don't u think they can tell a bad performance from a mile away .... ?

This is usually correct, but as others have mentioned, there are certainly those rare gems that come in from time to time and blow us all away. I think Dan White's post earlier today clarified our process in detail - we review every submission in full. Accordingly, I think that the argument made in this thread is void. We value every submission received, and our team reviews each accordingly. Therefore, I think we can safely close this thread.

For all of you creators out there - see details on how to submit an effect to us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results