T11 and E -- My Ideas

Hey All,

Ive posted this on another topic, but i would love to hear your story; your ideas behind my ''theory''!

This is it:

hey guys,

about all the people disliking E...here's my opinion:

for many, E is ''home''. that being, the magic resource where they began the wonderfull journey of magic. i started there, and it still feels like to home to me...
ive been with e almost since the benning, and saw how they grown and got better.

T11 is no diffrent: if your new to magic, and T11.com is the first magic site you go to, it will be your home.... (if your a satisfied costumer...)

the one thing that i noticed over here at t11, is that they involve us(the community) much more in what goes behind the scenes then what E is doing...
thats what i like about T11, and this WILL be my second home....

Let us know what YOU think!

cheers,
Aron

True. E is what I call my "home". E was my first online magic supplies shop. It was cool because you could interact with the other customers, and I fell in love with the site. Then they ran dry on effects, and it started to lose it's touch. When T11 came around, I was amazed at the raw magic they had to offer, so I joined here as well. So I do consider T11 my "second home". There are some pro's and con's about both sites, but they are both awesome sites.

Sep 1, 2007
i think magic sites are a resource. The magic only happens when: a) you perform an effect and b) when your audience connects with you. How or where you got the effect is irrelevant as long as you get it legitimately (either by the creator or with authorization of the creator... not youtube). Do I like E? Yes, because I have bought products that I am satisfied with. I have seen some previous and said "that is great" or "that does not look like high quality." Then again, same here at theory11. I have seen only great things because they are just starting out. I will be awesome if they continue with this level of quality. I personally have always enjoyed diversity in my magic. I think we all should just calm down and realize that diversity is essential to forwarding our art (which is what theory11 is about).

i think magic sites are a resource.

Hey,

let me comment just that one line(forgetting about the rest of the post, wich was good btw ;) ).

Ya, a magic site is a resource wich you can use to explore the wonderfull world of magic. Still, and now im getting back to the ''home'' thing; if you dont like the site(for whatever reason that is) you skip it...... and you continue looking for a place that feels like ''home'' to you, where you have the feeling of : '' hey, i like this place.....here's where i wanna learn....''.

for me, personally, i want a ''home'' where i feel part of the community.... ive always been interested what goes on ''behind'' the scenes... and THAT is what T11 does.... thats why i love it here so much!

Let us know what YOU think!

cheers,
aron

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
I don't understand why everyone has to be Ellusionist or Theory 11. For the love of Odin, there are hundreds of magic shops online, and tons of other resources for material.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that Theory11 has such well known names behind it is fantastic. They are good magicians and artists and the unification of them under one banner is applauded.

Would some of these magicians be so well known without first being showcased in Ellusionist products? More than likely not. Ellusionist is a good starting point for people, both professionally and consumer wise.

Did I start with T11 or E? Nope. I started with a little magic shop in Blue Springs, MO. I did shop at E because of some of the effects that they offer. I also have purchased everything T11 has put out because I like the effects. Both "Digital Dissolve" and "Distortion" have been a regular part of my carry around since I received them.

So why does it always have to be E vs T11? Why can't we just come together as magicians and create together? If we don't respect our own art enough to work together and not be drawn into some stupid drama over a couple of websites, then how are we supposed to expect the laymen to respect it?

Forum wise I started with E but never found that it felt like home to me. Every time I would try to interact with the community there by posting a topic or question I would find my topics deleted, locked or attacked. Responses like "this question was asked 2 years ago, do a search next time" or " how does this further magic" are typical. Not to mention how they freak out if you every lol. No, no, one must never lol. And of course they do not have smilies like T11 does. :)

I loved the idea of E and of course they had a lot of great products, and still do, but the forum was way too uptight for me. I never felt like I had any freedom of speech there. T11 is so much better than E in every way (except for the number of products sold here but that will change in time). Also I love the Media section on T11. Very well done indeed. It makes E look like they are still in the 90's.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Forum wise I started with E but never found that it felt like home to me. Every time I would try to interact with the community there by posting a topic or question I would find my topics deleted, locked or attacked. Responses like "this question was asked 2 years ago, do a search next time" or " how does this further magic" are typical. Not to mention how they freak out if you every lol. No, no, one must never lol. And of course they do not have smilies like T11 does. :)

I loved the idea of E and of course they had a lot of great products, and still do, but the forum was way too uptight for me. I never felt like I had any freedom of speech there. T11 is so much better than E in every way (except for the number of products sold here but that will change in time). Also I love the Media section on T11. Very well done indeed. It makes E look like they are still in the 90's.

I had a similar experience with Penguin.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results