T11 convention?

Is this good idea

• Total voters
Aug 7, 2008
Oh come on, you all know you want to see the moose and beavers of Canada. And our lovely Canada Geese (which poop all over my campus...stupi--err--lovely geese). If you can get passed the whole eating maple syrup on everything and living in igloos, it's really not that bad. Plus you've all see then stereotypical--err--average Canadian guy...you know the competition isn't going to be much, so be prepared to be swarmed by girls. All the men of the forum like girls, right? Exactly, so that's a vote for Canada then. ;)

Seriously though...Canada...hmm?...hmm? You know you want to. :p

SECOND THAT ;D Canada ftw.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
lol, I agree Canada would be the place->with the dollar exchange, all you Americans would get some cheap deals. Of course we will have to wait until Summer...not sure if they could all handle, the -40 C weather. ;)

rousselle

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2008
www.rousselle.com
This is how things get started...

Are you all familiar with the concept of the "Star Trek Convention"? This is how such movements get started. A group of interested parties agree to meet somewhere, they do it again a year later, and so on, and the next thing you know... it's *the* place for like-minded people to get together. It's *the* place for vendors to come show their stuff. It's *the* place for performers to come and mentor and meet their peers, their existing fan base, and future fans.

(As a writer and as a businessman, I often attend similar conventions, or "cons", and find them worthwhile.)

If I recall correctly, MacWorld started along similar lines, and has become a huge trade show. Likewise, there's The Amazing Meeting (see http://www.randi.org).

If anyone on this board is familiar with event planning and willing and able to spend the time (be it donated or for a modest fee), this strikes me as the kind of thing that is completely do-able.

The question is... are you willing to put in the work to make it happen? Are you willing to plunk down your money and buy a ticket to the event and pay for travel, hotel, etc.?

--Allan

D21400

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Antwerp, Belgium
This will sound stupid. But there is a big change i couldn't come.

i live in belgium you know and if it's going to happen it wil happen in america i think...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results