Tagged - Richard Sanders

Aug 18, 2008
Ok lets get right into this.

DVD Quality- I have absolutely no complains about the way this DVD is put together. Looks great, no trouble navigating through the menu, Camera work is great.

Gimmick- It is very simple, not what you would expect. It only includes one small object. With this you can make up to 5-8 gimmicks, which never wear out. I doubt I will ever have to find refills, unless I lose it. To make it, you should have all the supplies in your house. They are all common household items.

Construction of Gimmick- the gimmick will take about 5 minutes to make. It can be a bit tricky, but nothing that causes any real problems. It is fairly easy to do, even for those who have no skill when it comes to gimmicks. The final product is genius.

Teaching- Richard goes over everything you need to know, and offers some basic sleights needed to perform this, as well as alternate handling and performance tips. No complaints here. The DVD covers a lot of material.

Method- The method is brilliant. I usually am very harsh when reviewing a product, but I can not see any flaws in it. It is very easy to do, and well explained. Sanders covers everything, and offers many different variations.

Effect- The effect is perfect in my opinion. I have never purchased an effect of this quality. Card is selected, lost in the deck, and instantly appears attached to a chain around your neck. With no funny moves, you hand it to your spectator to examine and take home if you wish.

This is what makes this effect perfect
-completely angle proof penetration...the spectator can be standing an inch from you staring and cannot see anything.
-uses any deck of cards and any dog chain you wish
-instant reset
-completely examinable at the end
-great souvenir for spectator

Common questions answered
- is it impromptu?
yes and no. If someone handed you a deck of cards you could pull it off, giving they were the correct kind, and you were able to load the gimmick.
- do you end clean?
you do not end perfectly clean but everything that matters is clean. What matters is the chain with the card around it, and that's where all the attention will be. Becoming clean completely will take a matter of seconds.
-is this practical?
yes, you will use this everyday. I do and it gets great reactions. The gimmick is so easy to carry around.
-are there clothing requirements.
you need some sort of shirt, that's it, nothing else is needed. It could possibly be done shirtless with a little work, but I dont think that will be necessary. I cant see many people performing shirtless.
-how difficult is this to perform
incredibly easy, you will have it down in a day, but more work should be put in to it to make everything look natural.
-can the card be signed
no, but that shouldn't be a problem, because it doesn't need to be signed. The spectator wont question if that is his card, because he will be too busy wrapping his head around how a card can instantly be penetrated by a solid chain.

Conclusion

I usually have a lot of issues when I buy a trick. This is the first effect I can honestly say I am completely satisfied with. I am left with no questions and cannot wait to use this effect more. Richard Sanders has done a great job once again

9.99 / 10

no trick is perfect
this is pretty darn close though

Reactions: Tym68
Nov 18, 2008
CA
Great review. Richard Sanders just keeps on putting out amazing stuff...i'll have to pick this up soon.

Nov 6, 2007
i just agree with the review!

a really really incredible effect which is like one of the easiest tricks I know...

the only negativ thing in my opinion is the DVD menu structure, but this makes just about 0,00001% of the DVD :>

i really recommend everybody to buy this brilliant piece of magic!

Sep 2, 2007
I don;t agree with your defination of impromptu. 'yes and no. If someone handed you a deck of cards you could pull it off, giving they were the correct kind, and you were able to load the gimmick.' one: If it has a gimmick, it is not impromptu. two: the chances of someone handing you a deck is low. the chances of someone handing you a deck thats the same KIND is even lower.

Sep 19, 2007
Australia
I just picked this up yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive.
If it's Richard Sanders, then it's a definite must buy for me.

Aug 18, 2008
I don;t agree with your defination of impromptu. 'yes and no. If someone handed you a deck of cards you could pull it off, giving they were the correct kind, and you were able to load the gimmick.' one: If it has a gimmick, it is not impromptu. two: the chances of someone handing you a deck is low. the chances of someone handing you a deck thats the same KIND is even lower.

I see what you are saying, but if you have access to the correct cards, you could do it. So it is not impromptu, but it doesnt require much set up at all. Its tricky to explain unless you own the effect.

Feb 12, 2008
Fantastic review!

And by the way....since when did the definition of "impromptu" come to mean "no gimmicks"?

Oct 6, 2007
I cant hype up this trick enough it truly is the perfect illusion and easily one of the best card effects ever created! BUY THIS TRICK!

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
I have not tried it yet, but I can't wait too.

I would say that if you did this use normal red or blue bikes, if you want a chance at doing it with someone elses deck.

Most people buy bycycle. Should not be too uncommon or impossible to do with aburrowed deck as long as you have the gimmick on you.

Dec 10, 2008
This is the easiest trick I do. I recomend this to everyone. 10 out of 10. I love this effect Ive been doing it since saturday.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results