Tension!

Dec 5, 2016
Tennessee
tjfritts.com
I'm fairly comfortable with playing cards in my hands. I perform as often as I can but I'm still hitting a problem.

Certain manipulations, no matter how many times I do them I notice something. If I had an ear ring in my right ear, my right shoulder would crush it against my skull, head pulling down. My roomie said it looks like I'm a turtle who's trying to pull his head inside the shell but can't quite manage.

Hindu Shuffle Control is one such manipulation. I've done it probably five thousand times, it's one of the first controls I learned and I still turtle up when I'm doing it. Other manips, I don't have any tension going on at all.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You're not gonna like it:

Just stop doing that.

Go back to basic practice, purposely avoid doing that motion, and go through it slowly.

You've done it that way five thousand times, it will take a few thousand to undo that habit.

This is why it's important to practice the moves correctly in the first place. Undoing a habit is harder than learning it the first time.

Reactions: Maverick85

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Don't do the Hindu Shuffle. If you aren't comfortable/confident doing anything you shouldn't do it. Do what is natural so others feel it is natural. Keep practicing but if you aren't hitting it like you want to then it probably isn't what your hands and mind want to do.

Reactions: Maverick85
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results