The bible

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
does anyone own dvd from bobo cause i find the book really dry and hard to focus on ...and i just want to know your thoughts on the dvd

The DVD set is pretty dry too.

Modern Coin Magic was written to be a textbook on coin magic; a place to learn from. Not to entertain the reader. You may have to struggle through it, but it's worth it, because of the WEALTH of knowledge contained in the pages.

Have fun with it! If you take years to read it, that's fine... practice each thing before you move on to the next.

Scott.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
The DVD set is pretty dry too.

Modern Coin Magic was written to be a textbook on coin magic; a place to learn from. Not to entertain the reader. You may have to struggle through it, but it's worth it, because of the WEALTH of knowledge contained in the pages.

Have fun with it! If you take years to read it, that's fine... practice each thing before you move on to the next.

Scott.

Agreed

Not everything can be fun.
Picture learning magic from books like learning math at school.
Boring but well worth it.

~Jordan

Sep 2, 2007
In the beginning their were coins and Ammar's introduction to coin magic DVd's are great resources for beginners in coin magic. I hear Roth also has some more advanced dvd's but do not quote me on that (cause I'm dumb). To tell you the truth I never read bobo's modern coin magic book and I feel a little dissappointed for not picking up a copy already, I'll add it to my wish list of things I should have gotten years ago list, along with Royal road (yeah it's sad this one is on there, but I just purchased Expert card technique, so it's a start :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results