The First Grand Illusion I Ever Invented

Mar 10, 2013
Murphy, NC
10 years ago I started performing for my community and performing street magic all over the place! I really loved to meet new people and show them things they had never seen before. I decided to create a trick while I was out with some friends and my friend Kyle had a video camera on because we were learning how to ride a Waveboard (like a skateboard but with a single wheel on each end instead of 2)
1300657_f520.jpg
He wanted to hopefully capture one of us wrecking as we learned. Luckily for me he had the camera rolling and I invented a trick right then and there! It turned into one of my favorite tricks of all time! This turned into the first domino which fueled my carrier after I posted it to YouTube back in 2011! Enjoy this Raw and Uncut footage of My Skateboard Vanish :)

[video=youtube;q3zxw8fRcx0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3zxw8fRcx0[/video]​

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 9, 2013
There is something wrong with the video. However, the part of the video that is working is very dark.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I'd love to discuss this but the shoot is far too dark to view and there's nothing organized about it. . . I'd suggest that your shoot it during the day or with more light.

There is another skateboard illusion that I'm aware of but I don't know if it's available; a kid out of Toledo came up with it several years ago, he used to work for Harrary. . . as he's ride the board he begins to float. . . a huva board straight out of "Back to the Future"

Mar 10, 2013
Murphy, NC
It was entirely unplanned believe it or not. You guys are actually watching me create it and do it for the first time :) I thought it turned into a wonderful trick because the guy that knocked the plywood over didn't know what happened and to this day asks me what I did that night.

In regards to the wave/skate board confusion... I did it in my stage act and thankfully changed the waveboard to a skateboard... much much better and safer.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I really like watching your videos and ideas Rian. I know you've had offers before why not share some of these or get someone to film you for a TV spot, magic castle performance or a consulting gig?

It's always fun to see these :)

Mar 10, 2013
Murphy, NC
Thanks! I'm looking into getting a TV spot. Right now I'm showing your guys bits and pieces of my work. I could make an entire series on my R&D but you would learn how they all work XD I really appreciate your feedback! Hopefully my YouTube Channel will get some followers. It went Live January 1st of this year :)

http://www.youtube.com/RianMileti

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results