The Haunted Swing -- Just in time for Halloween!

Sep 1, 2007
i think thats pretty weird

and i dont know if it is just my eyes or something to do with the camera, but if you look in front of the swings, on the ground, in the beginning, it looks like you see a set of footprints show up real quick. It's a little after you see somebody put their hand in front of the camera. Check it out and tell me wat u think. I dont know if this can be real.

Oct 14, 2007
Wow. . .the first few seconds of this I was like "Wow, the swing is swaying side to side, whoo hoo." But once that thing started going I was a little creeped out.

And yeah, I think I see what you mean about the foot prints, and I think that it is just bad video quality causing certain parts of the ground to focus at different times.

Sep 1, 2007
Why doesn't someone just go sit on the swing?
It's just a swing and I don't believe in ghosts anyways, plus, if you do it's not that cause they measure ghostlyness or whatever by electric waves or whatever and they said there isn't any. So someone just go sit on it! lol.
Or maybe it's David Blaine.. lol.

Sep 1, 2007
Why doesn't someone just go sit on the swing?
It's just a swing and I don't believe in ghosts anyways, plus, if you do it's not that cause they measure ghostlyness or whatever by electric waves or whatever and they said there isn't any. So someone just go sit on it! lol.
Or maybe it's David Blaine.. lol.
Just maybe.. it's.. WAYNE HOUCHIN!
The guys a genious not one of you can sit at your chair and deny what i'm saying!
=]]

lol okay well that's my input =]

pnmilton

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Yea I blame Houchin. Lets blame Houchin.
Houchin-stop screwing around with swings and release that self crushing soda can thing everyone keeps going on about!
Anyways. I thought the person touching it at the beggining was a bit suspicious too but then i thought well it says it doesn't stop for like 10 days so i figured maybe they needed to stop it forcefully and film it starting up itself again (not so impressive just watching a swing swinging back and forth- someone could have just pushed it before the film started-but seeing it start up itself is way more impressive)
I just love the simplicity of it. It's just a swing but it's possibly the creepiest thing I've ever seen.
3AQ7-hey I don't believe in ghosts either but there is no chance in hell i'm gonna go sit in that swing!
Phil

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
My theory on how it's done is much simpler than anything.

The swings are attached to hanging rods. My guess is that one of the rods has some kind of battery-powered motor in it to turn the rod, you turn the rod up to speed, and it pushes the swing connected to it.

I'm no engineer, so I don't know the specifics. But it seems like the easiest way to do it. It's automatic misdirection, too, because everyone's looking at the swing and not its connection to the frame.

Anyway, if I was told to make a haunted swing, that's how I would do it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results