The Mental Health of Great Magicians

Mar 24, 2021
Good Morning! Over the past few years I have been obsessed with the history of magic and why it is now the way it is. Now, I've finally thought of a way to put that info to some good use. I want to write a paper about magicians of the past, and , maybe the present, who struggled with mental health problems. I was hoping you experts could me some ideas as to which magicians I should write about and why?
Thanks!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't say that I am a great magician and by no means do you have permission or would you want to write about me. However, I have been struggling with Schizophrenia and Seizures for the last 10 -15 years.(Just had one a couple of weeks back) It's not something that you can manage easily. You talk to yourself a lot .... You are pretty much living in an alternate reality.... Everything is skewed and to be quite frank very sad. I have been taking Abilify/Paxil/Keppra I am under control and have garnered some status here on the forums. With that being said I do not think I will ever be the same again. Not to mention my 10 + stays at the Samaritan In Patient mental health unit in Watertown NY. My next neurology appointment is Jan 18th where I am due for a EEG / MRI. Mental Health Issues will destroy you and your family. Not a subject to be taken lightly.

Reactions: JoshL8
Mar 24, 2021
After giving this some more thought, I realize that there might not be enough information about the mental health of magicians, at least that I can find, for me write a paper on. But, nevertheless, I would still like to write the thesis on magic history. Since that is too general, any ideas on what I can focus on? Thanks!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
After giving this some more thought, I realize that there might not be enough information about the mental health of magicians, at least that I can find, for me write a paper on. But, nevertheless, I would still like to write the thesis on magic history. Since that is too general, any ideas on what I can focus on? Thanks!

Why don't you title your paper "Mental mechanism of magic: The way magicians think." it would focus on how and why magicians think the way they do about illusions. I'm sure you will have better luck with something along these lines.:cool:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results