The Penn and Teller Money Con

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Here it is: [Link Removed]

Okay. So I go to BestBuy to see how much the gift card I had was. I wanted the Simpsons game and I said this is worth TNR. I tried the con on the cashier dude and it ALMOST WORKED. I said Can you give me a twenty? The dude said yeah. He was all like, "wait did I give you 10?" Of course I said yeah I didn't know what to say. So I gave him the ten and he said, "wait I'm confused." If he'd never said wait did I give you a 10, the con would have worked. So, any of you guys tried it?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Here it is: [Link Removed]

Okay. So I go to BestBuy to see how much the gift card I had was. I wanted the Simpsons game and I said this is worth TNR. I tried the con on the cashier dude and it ALMOST WORKED. I said Can you give me a twenty? The dude said yeah. He was all like, "wait did I give you 10?" Of course I said yeah I didn't know what to say. So I gave him the ten and he said, "wait I'm confused." If he'd never said wait did I give you a 10, the con would have worked. So, any of you guys tried it?

I personally wouldn't try this unless I was very confident in my abilities, and wouldn't recommend anyone try it. You are technically stealing, and if you get caught, then you could easily be arrested. So, if anyone tries this, then beware, you can get in trouble if you get caught.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
I didn't get caught. He just said did I give you a ten already. And if he said like for example, "wait a minute you tried to make me give you a 10 huh?"Me, "what"? "oh I'm sorry". If the con doesn't work just say your sorry.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Conning people out of their money isn't exactly what we would like to promote on the forums. Therefore, the link to the video has been removed as well.

Let's stick to family friendly, entertaining, wholesome and good -- not illegal, criminal, or unethical -- magic. Thanks!

JTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results