The Power of Visualizing

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
How do you do a move correctly if you don't know what it looks like? (I know it's possible but just go with me here).

Truth is, if you can see what the sleight looks like in your mind, you have a better chance of DOING it right. Seeing the move in your mind's eye will help you perform the move.

Taking some time to visualize a sleight will help you learn it faster. Here's something I like to do: whatever sleight you are working on, take a few minutes and visualize it before you go to bed. Think about as much detail as possible, and remember that finger positions always count. The more detail the better. Also, try to feel as much as you can. If you are thinking about the pass, try and feel the smooth touch, feel yourself being relaxed and calm. The more you can FEEl the cards (or coins, or whatever), the more effective this will be.

I hope this helps you. It has helped me alot the past few months.

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
Yes, this can definitely be used to help get over nerves.

If you are nervous during performances, visualize yourself performing WITHOUT being nervous. Try and be as specific as you can, the more detail the better. Really FEEL yourself performing without being nervous.

Ever since I was a little dude I've always been taught by my father that visualizing things in your mind will help with just about anything. I've been doing it more seriously lately and I'm starting to find that I'm actually beginning to have photographic memory with some things. It's really quite interesting.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I do this all of the time the day of a show / gig. I actually rehearse down in my basement with the props in hand and run through the patter as I pack up my gig case. Call me crazy but it works and puts my mind at ease because 1. I now know that all of my props are packed and set 2.) I have just gone over my patter and movements one more time prior to the show.

Yes, this can definitely be used to help get over nerves.

If you are nervous during performances, visualize yourself performing WITHOUT being nervous. Try and be as specific as you can, the more detail the better. Really FEEL yourself performing without being nervous.

I use to suffer from very bad nerves and by doing this and believing I'm not nervous I overcame it without practicing. When I perform I get a little nerves when a group starts to form but I can handle it then.

This method will work for anything you want the possibility's are endless!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results