Theory11 Forumiversary gifts?

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Checked my calendar
It’s Wednesday
Are you ready, to play a game?
So my Forumiversary is coming up shortly. I have a a couple ideas I might post about it. BUT for today I ask upon you this question

Imagine you are tasked with gifting all theory11 forum members with the same gift on their anniversary. What gift do we all get?

Strange idea, but I am curious what you guys got!

Be creative and have fun!

Previous Wednesday Game Night Episodes

Nov 13, 2019
Checked my calendar
It’s Wednesday
Are you ready, to play a game?
So my Forumiversary is coming up shortly. I have a a couple ideas I might post about it. BUT for today I ask upon you this question

Imagine you are tasked with gifting all theory11 forum members with the same gift on their anniversary. What gift do we all get?

Strange idea, but I am curious what you guys got!

Be creative and have fun!

Previous Wednesday Game Night Episodes

Happen forumiversary! I didnt even realise my 3 year is coming up on the 13th of this month, we can have a party together!

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
"Forumiversary" as a phrase is neologism, which means it is an illogical, made-up word. Anniversary comes from the Latin "annus" (meaning year) and "versus" (meaning turning). "Anniversarius" literally means returning yearly. "Forum" is Latin for "what is out of doors", which is ironic as you access this forum indoors (for the most part. Mobile technology does allow for an outdoors experience, though the experience on this site feels like you're confined within the walls of Theory11.) By taking the "annus" out of the word, you're removing the reference to the year as the relevant time period.

Regardless, this past September 1 was my 15-year "forumversary." Returning to the topic of gifts, the traditional 15th wedding anniversary gift is crystal, an enduring material that symbolizes the lightness, clarity, and durability of your love. The modern gift is considered to be a watch or other timepiece, representing the many hours and minutes you've spent together, as well as the years to come.

I'm just holding out for my gold watch.

Scott.

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
"Forumiversary" as a phrase is neologism, which means it is an illogical, made-up word. … The modern gift is considered to be a watch or other timepiece, representing the many hours and minutes you've spent together, as well as the years to come.

I'm just holding out for my gold watch.

Scott.

While not necessarily ‘illogical’ neologisms certainly can be….and in this case the etymology you gave leans for this new word to be in that direction…but it’s also a portmanteau! Not all neologisms are portmanteau’s but it fits here.

My wife says my personality is deeply rooted in my “love of semantics”. I’m not sure how to feel about that, I think it depends on what she means by “love”…

Anywho…The watch is a solid idea, but maybe a bit much for early year anniversaries. I think a nice non descript close up pad or a mini pad would be cool for a 5 or 10 year anniversary, a watch for a 20 year.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
How about I send you a gaff card with my adaptation of a killer routine from Jinx?

I know you meant from you but thats a rather a good idea. A gaff card is quite doable from a T11 standpoint. Honestly the logistics involved with gifts for a forum account is rather spendy. I know this is all hypothetical and just for fun…But since gaffs wear out maybe they could do it every X amount of points earned rather than a forumversary…Or a prize on the holiday wheel! Those are more feasible.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
It would be quite tricky for the forum to actually give these gifts as so many accounts are just abandoned but not closed. You'd have to track "active" accounts somehow. Not sure if that's possible, but it sounds like more work than it would be worth.
Scott.

Reactions: JoshL8

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
This thread reminded me of the time in 2008, that Mitchell Leary gifted everyone in the group of alt.magic.secrets a “Snuggie” for the winter holidays.

This is kind of like Andy from the Jerx level thinking.
Mitchell Leary said:
Free Gift from Santa Leary
...everyone who reads this will receive a free gift from Santa Leary. They're all basically the same gift, so don't fight over them. I called all your wives and girlfriends so I could make sure and get everyones favorte color. What's the gift? Well, you've no doubt seen those television commercials for the "blanket with sleeves" that you can wear while sitting on the couch reading or watching TV. That's it! No, I don't need your home address for delivery as it's already arrived. Go into your bathroom, it's hanging on the back of the door: Just put your bathrobe on BACKWARDS .
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!!
-Santa Leary

Reactions: JoshL8
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results