theory11 pricing update - February 2023

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
From the beginning, theory11 has always placed a huge emphasis on value – wanting every product that we create to not only be worth the price, but so much more! For that reason, we put an unrivaled amount of effort and attention to detail in every deck we produce. Often, we spend over a year designing each one.

That design effort requires equal craftsmanship on the execution - how we print our products. With intricate designs like Lord of the Rings and Spider-Man, Harry Potter and Batman - we push the limits on what’s feasible, practical, and possible to print. We cut zero corners – if a specific shade of paper doesn’t exist, we make it from scratch. It’s that extra effort that makes all the difference.

Over the past few years, we’ve seen enormous increases in the cost of materials, paper, and printing itself - and like most other product categories, we’re not immune to the pressures of inflation overall. Despite those increases, we maintained historical pricing on all of our $9.95 decks for over half a decade. Our newest decks - like Lord of the Rings, Spider-Man, and Batman - have since shifted to $12.95.

This community means everything to us, and you guys are our most loyal members. We’re posting today to give you ample notice that our historical decks will increase to the same $12.95 price on February 1st. We’ll continue to honor the existing price on those decks for the next month! This means you can stock up on our full catalog at our current pricing - and save nearly 25% (!!) - until February 1st.

We know that price changes are never fun, and often sudden - so we wanted to give you guys plenty of notice and an opportunity to stock up in advance, if you so choose. We remain committed to having the most production value and the best caliber design in the industry. And while we’re a business and have to keep up with the cost of materials, we’re first and foremost a community - and your support is what enables us to keep pushing forward.

This year, we’ve got a whole lot of surprises on the way, and we’re excited to show you what we’ve been working on next. Soon!

Feb 23, 2014
The value of theory11 decks has always been WELL beyond the price. $12.95 is super fair and reasonable, considering the design and craftsmanship that theory11 is known for. I'm more than happy to pay it, but I'm definitely going to take this opportunity to stock up on a few things to save a few bucks!

As a separate note, I just got my Spider-Man decks in the mail yesterday and they are INSANE! My favorite yet!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Honestly, I'm not surprised or even disappointed. T11 is worth every penny. Out of curiosity though, what will be the price change for the 12 deck variety box?
Great question! Currently as it stands the pricing will increase to match the new MSRPs, but the same discount will still apply there / no changes to overall savings in comparison (it would still be a minimum of 15% savings).

Apr 16, 2022
I have so much respect for the transparency. This is one of the many things that I absolutely love about you guys and gals. Honesty on my part... the quality of your products has always been more than worth the price. Although I cannot genuinely say it's a slight bummer (I want all the decks I can possibly afford), I'm not gonna suck up to look good. But I understand and respect it.

Reactions: CaseyRudd
Feb 23, 2014
This sounds totally fair. theory11 decks are honestly better quality than any of the other decks in my collection, many of which are $16, $18, or more. At $12.95, these are still a steal. Super excited to see what you guys come up with next! Last year was bananas ---I don't know how you're going to top Spider-Man and Batman, but I know you will!!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results