theory11 videos

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
heyy, firstly i would like to say that i really like how t11 make their videos. GREAT JOB guys. But i was wondering if anyone knows what video editing tools does t11 uses to make such stunning videos? If not, what videos editing tools would you guys recommend to achieve such great effects. thanks.

p.s. their music is AWESOME too.

Oct 16, 2007
It's not the editing software that makes a video look good, it's HOW you use the one you already have. Well, in this case Windows Movie Maker can't beat Sony Vegas or Final Cut Pro, but that's not the point.

Too many times people have said "Ooooh that video looks awesome! What software did you use?" and they get the reply of Sony Vegas, which turns out to be the same one they use. T11 probably use Final Cut Pro since they use MACS (correct me if I'm wrong).

Think about it like this: You have a normal deck of Tally's that you flourish with but you aren't that good. Then you see a video of The Virts using Normal bikes, you're probably not going to change from Tallies to Bikes just because they can do things that make your eyes bleed (metaphorically speaking, my eyes have never bled before....right) doesn't mean the Bikes are better, it's what they do WITH WHAT THEY HAVE is what makes something look awesome.

Now, I'll admit that I'm not very good with cards since all I do are DnD and Madison's some simple magic effects with Bikes or currently a Black Tiger deck. I've someone in the "Just Flourish" video do amazing things with Jerry's but I don't want one, I'll use what I have to do great looking stuff.

So pretty much what I'm saying is, get REALLY good with what you have then you'll find out that you can make spectacular video's with the crappiest software even though the person next door has the most professional software.

Remember, these people are professional's who have probably studied film making or in the case of Dana, studied composing music and has spent hours learning how to use the software so he knows the insides of the software like the back of his hand.

Well that's more than 2 cents but anyway, I hope I helped =D

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
It's not the editing software that makes a video look good, it's HOW you use the one you already have. Well, in this case Windows Movie Maker can't beat Sony Vegas or Final Cut Pro, but that's not the point.

Too many times people have said "Ooooh that video looks awesome! What software did you use?" and they get the reply of Sony Vegas, which turns out to be the same one they use. T11 probably use Final Cut Pro since they use MACS (correct me if I'm wrong).

Think about it like this: You have a normal deck of Tally's that you flourish with but you aren't that good. Then you see a video of The Virts using Normal bikes, you're probably not going to change from Tallies to Bikes just because they can do things that make your eyes bleed (metaphorically speaking, my eyes have never bled before....right) doesn't mean the Bikes are better, it's what they do WITH WHAT THEY HAVE is what makes something look awesome.

Now, I'll admit that I'm not very good with cards since all I do are DnD and Madison's some simple magic effects with Bikes or currently a Black Tiger deck. I've someone in the "Just Flourish" video do amazing things with Jerry's but I don't want one, I'll use what I have to do great looking stuff.

So pretty much what I'm saying is, get REALLY good with what you have then you'll find out that you can make spectacular video's with the crappiest software even though the person next door has the most professional software.

Well that's more than 2 cents but anyway, I hope I helped =D

thanks for your advise. but i'm currently using imovie'08 and it apperently can't do many basic things like slow-mo, black and white.. etc. So i'm looking for one that is good enough to make great videos like you said. thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 5, 2008
hmmm...

I would say the video effects done in theory 11's vids could be achieved with mainly using after effects.

It's rather easy to use, yet it offers a plethora of effects and tons of ways to achieve what you want to do.

So, if your thinking of doing any cool editing and video effects, I would suggest using that software.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
thanks for your advise. but i'm currently using imovie'08 and it apperently can't do many basic things like slow-mo, black and white.. etc. So i'm looking for one that is good enough to make great videos like you said. thanks again.

Well to make "good" movies you'd have to spend a lot of time with the software to see what it can do and find out what each tool does.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I use Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate. I love it. Not only is it easy and there's a lot of addons to get so you can do some great effects, I can do GREEN SCREEN!!!!!

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Well to make "good" movies you'd have to spend a lot of time with the software to see what it can do and find out what each tool does.

That's very true. I decided to start a YouTube account and I'm working on a simple little video and it's taken days and days to see what Sony Vegas has to offer.

It's very hard looking awesome!

Aug 30, 2007
heyy, firstly i would like to say that i really like how t11 make their videos. GREAT JOB guys. But i was wondering if anyone knows what video editing tools does t11 uses to make such stunning videos? If not, what videos editing tools would you guys recommend to achieve such great effects. thanks.

p.s. their music is AWESOME too.

Hey.

First, thanks for your comments on the music. I spend a lot of time on it, so I'm glad you enjoy it.

Second, Brad is correct. We edit all of our videos on Final Cut Pro (which I would very highly recommend) and Motion.

I would also recommend checking out Lynda.com. It's a great online resource for learning Final Cut Pro (and a bunch of other programs like Flash, After Effects, and Photoshop), although it does cost something like $25 a month. If you're serious about editing video, however, it's well worth it (at least for one month).

Hope this helps.

Dana

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
Hey.

First, thanks for your comments on the music. I spend a lot of time on it, so I'm glad you enjoy it.

Second, Brad is correct. We edit all of our videos on Final Cut Pro (which I would very highly recommend).

I would also recommend checking out Lynda.com. It's a great online resource for learning Final Cut Pro (and a bunch of other programs like Flash, After Effects, and Photoshop), although it does cost something like $25 a month. If you're serious about editing video, however, it's well worth it (at least for one month).

Hope this helps.

Dana

Thanks dana. It really helped.
And may I know what you use to make your music and if you use shake 4.
thanks again.
(sorry for asking too many questions)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results