Third Deal

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I have seen this pretty cool video on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDeuja1QsLU&feature=channel
and I want to ask, that where I can learn the original third deal? I have just discovered, that if you combine the push-off and strike second deal, you will get a pretty decent third deal, but I'm interested, that what is the exact original third deal?
Thanks!

perhaps Jason England can help in this matter..PM him...

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm no authority, but I'm guessing it'll be impossible to figure out what is the 'exact' original, as it's a move that was probably invented by several people independantly and each using a slightly different method.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
I'd love to see consecutive third deals up to speed without messing them up (in a performance setting, not camera where you can just keep reshooting). Seems a little hard to incorporate a push off and a strike at the same time. I could be wrong though...

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I've read somewhere Jason England's Unreal Work had something along that line of dealing 3rd cards. Since it's discontinued... I don't know any other source.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Arguably, wouldn't it be appealing in black jack or hold'em cheating demonstrations?

Feb 23, 2010
I'd love to see consecutive third deals up to speed without messing them up (in a performance setting, not camera where you can just keep reshooting). Seems a little hard to incorporate a push off and a strike at the same time. I could be wrong though...

I just use the Second Deal 1st method from Erdnase to pivot them to the right, and then I can easily grab the third card as in a Strike Second deal. It is not perfect, but I'm working on it.

Luis Vega: thanks for the idea, I will try to find him :D

I've read somewhere Jason England's Unreal Work had something along that line of dealing 3rd cards. Since it's discontinued... I don't know any other source.

You're absolutely correct. In the video, he shows a method for dealing thirds, but I believe it involves the first two cards being stuck together.

Hell, i'd like to discover a nice little way to deal thirds simply because i'm half move monkey. I love the technical side of magic.

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
If you want a reasonably simple third deal, you should check out Ed Marlo's unit deal. I suspect the guy in the video is using the unit deal (his technique looks like a strike deal). I saw the move in Allan Ackerman's DVD on false deals.

Also, I remember Steve Forte's GPS has a push off third deal demo. The move isn't taught, but it looked very fair.

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN

The guy in the video is certainly not doing that. His left thumb is stationary, so he's not doing any push off technique.

Feb 23, 2010
If you want a reasonably simple third deal, you should check out Ed Marlo's unit deal. I suspect the guy in the video is using the unit deal (his technique looks like a strike deal). I saw the move in Allan Ackerman's DVD on false deals.

Also, I remember Steve Forte's GPS has a push off third deal demo. The move isn't taught, but it looked very fair.

I have just looked up the Unit deal, and actually I use a similar technique, but I do not take the lowermost of the pushed off cards, but the first card under the pushed-off cards, as in a strike.

Dec 18, 2009
Everyone seems to be forgetting that you could ask Joey...(guy in the video). He has an account on here, and you could PM him on youtube.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results