This helped me so much...

Sep 1, 2007
I just got The Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher. It talks about being relaxed.

I did this when I practiced--I just took a step back and completely relaxed. It has helped my magic so much, and in such a short period. I used to think I was a pretty loose performer.

This is loose. Every card is a pillow. Butterflies in a field of daisies...

That kind of relaxed. Nothing matters except for the sleight. I'll do patter later.

Jeez, I should do calculus like this...

Sep 1, 2007
I'm really pumped to see if I get this book for christmas. The more I hear of Aaron fisher the more helpful he seems to be.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I just got The Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher. It talks about being relaxed.

I did this when I practiced--I just took a step back and completely relaxed. It has helped my magic so much, and in such a short period. I used to think I was a pretty loose performer.

This is loose. Every card is a pillow. Butterflies in a field of daisies...

That kind of relaxed. Nothing matters except for the sleight. I'll do patter later.

Jeez, I should do calculus like this...

Well, as fun as we all know calculus is...:D

You could always use those principles in anything else that you would need to do. It seems that Aaron is more of a "Zen" guy than I gave him credit for, or at least anyone else here on the site.

Being relaxed and calm does wonders for the mind and body. Just imagine what it could do for anything else.

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
so you needed a book to teach you that being calm and relaxed helps a lot?

It's really just the way that he describes the execution of each move--they can't be done if you're tense. One just loosens up so much when reading it.

I've always tried to be relaxed, but Fisher really explains what it is to be relaxed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results