This might be interesting for the mechanics in the room.

Feb 4, 2008
A guy claiming to be a retired card sharp showed up at penguin. I have no reason to doubt what he claims to be but, then, my interest in this form of card work is relatively new. Nevertheless, I have tried to engage him and keep him welcome over there. If he is the real deal he could be a great asset to the community. Here is a link to the thread he appeared in.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=148080&start=60
I only mention it here because there are more folks interested in gambling demos over here than at penguin and I thought some of you might want to check it out. His user name is cehowardrc51

Nov 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure this guy is lying unless he is actually Doc. Doc is a well known cheat who posts at the cafe and never have I seen him talk this way. And i'm pretty sure he isn't 70 years old. But I could be wrong. Ill talk to some guys but I'm pretty that guy isn't legit. He usually refers to himself as Doc or the Doctor so I don't think it's him.

Feb 4, 2008
I got the impression he was referring to the move...not stating that he was the guy in the video. I could be wrong? Definitely the guy in the video didn't look 70.

JasonEngland

theory11 artist / card mechanic
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
He's legit. Took me 2 seconds of reading his posts (specifically the language he used) to figure that out. The only other possibility is that he's a world-class practical joker with excellent knowledge of how to cheat.

My money is on option one.

Jason

PS: Just because he is or was a "real" cheater doesn't mean he's an expert in all things cheating related. In fact, the exact opposite is more likely to be the case. Most of those guys specialized in whatever worked for them. This guy, from his limited writings, appears to have specialized in coolers and paper.

Feb 4, 2008
Thanks for chiming in Mr. England. Yes, from reading some other posts he does seem to come back to ringing in decks. It's all good though. I love listening to old timers, even if they embellish a bit. Especially if they embellish!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results