Thoughts on a Newborn Illusion

Oct 27, 2009
Philippines
Good day fellow tricksters. Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself as a new member of this community,

I am juan, a magician from the Philippines, doing magic for 3 years now (not that long, though).

My friend and I have been working on a new Illusion, and we called it Back Up.

The effect of back up:

Spectator chooses a card (7 of diamonds) from Jame's red cards, signs it, and loses it in the pack, then james spreads the pack showing that the signed card was gone, and asks Me (Juan), if I can lend him a new 7 of diamonds, I give him a fresh 7 of diamonds, unsigned, blue. James tell me that the cards he's using is red, so I perform a sleight to turn it red, and hands it over to him, then he says, "man, I let him/her sign the card!". Then I do another sleight and poof, a signature emerges from the red card, and I hand it over to him.

The angle sensitivity can be handled by misdirection though (we got it, :) )

---

I did not post a video - sorry, I don't like it when people copy my routines without my permission.

---

Btw, I created a new pass, its less angle sensitive than most passes, do you think I can sell it? :p

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Sounds like a good effect if you're always doing magic together.

This could be pretty sweet solo if you already have two decks out (do as i do effect) or something similar.

Just thinking outloud.

Oct 27, 2009
Philippines
Ah, thank you for the replies, I'll call him so he'll come over today with a friend, then we'll post a video -- if he does bring his camera. >_>

And yes, we perform together -- and cheat together in poker tables. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results