Thread by Wayne Houchin

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
He told me in a personal email that he's going to hang onto that effect for a little longer.....

I'm assuming you're talking about the one where he eats the thread, and then pulls it out from his eye.

Sep 2, 2007
to my knowlege. this was taught in the swami mantra (different effects. alot dangerous) anyways. YES it's dangerous. thinking logically, there are only two methods. one: dangerous, painful, and immensely visual. two: not dangerous, not painful and not too visual...

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Hmm....performing an illusion / effect that could potentially leave me blind.....

Oh the decisions a magician must face!!

I'm sure that Wayne's method isn't that dangerous, although, his eye did look rather red and teary when he performed it in the video clip....oh...and Criss Angel also performed this on an episode of Mindfreak (not sure if it's season 1 or 2)....and his eye was red and teary too....maybe a bit more dangerous afterall.

Geek magic is awesome, if done properly, with the right precautions. ----------------------+

I have performed the effect where I swallow 4 razor blades, and a piece of string...only to cough up the blades attached to the string. This is supposed to be somewhat safe if done properly, and all precautions followed EXACTLY, but I was a bit careless with my preparation, and I cut the inside of my mouth. The effect left my cheek cut, and sensative to certain foods for a few days. Who do I blame? ME!! I was stupid enough to do this without being fully prepared.

I personally hope that if Wayne's version of Thread isn't 100% safe, and 100% foolproof, that he doesn't release it! I wouldn't want to see anyone get injured while attempting an effect. ESPECIALLY LOSING YOUR SIGHT!!!! Cuts, although painful, do heal, but going blind because of a trick is pretty serious and scary stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results