Three Effects

Sep 13, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Lee Asher suggests that a begginer in magic should learn 3 great pieces of magic, and do them better than anyone else. If you would be a begginer in magic, which 3 effects would you choose?
(I would choose The Biddle Trick, Search and Destroy by Aaron Fisher, and Sloppy Shuffle Triumph by Chris Kenner).

Mar 2, 2008
fasle transfer, card force and a bill switch.

Those three moves can create a bunch of effects for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 18, 2008
Try to mix it up a little. You are just starting off, I would try some money magic or maybe something mentalism related to go with whatever card effects you choose.

When I started out, I did 'the invisible deck' by Bob Long, 'Simon Says' which is basically do as I do, and the slip force.

In fact, thinking further back I did a trick with the four Jacks in Four gardens. I've forgotten what it was called but I can still do it. I remember cause it needed the pass to do it and I could never do the pass, so I adjusted it to myself and was never caught out.

Simon_Magic

Mar 2, 2008
remeber though, if we were still starting out we would not know what types of magic we like.

Mar 3, 2009
tally ho im not trying to say dont do a self working trick im just saying that if its one of your 3 best tricks or slights that it should be a bit harder and just use search and destroy as a backup

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
Lee Asher suggests that a begginer in magic should learn 3 great pieces of magic, and do them better than anyone else. If you would be a begginer in magic, which 3 effects would you choose?
(I would choose The Biddle Trick, Search and Destroy by Aaron Fisher, and Sloppy Shuffle Triumph by Chris Kenner).
Well if you were to ask Lee Asher he would probably say Witness, Asher Twist and Thunderbird and then push his $10 a deck cards while trying to get you to put his banner on your site from that shameless self promoter all the while ignoring your request to be taken off his mailing list! :D

Dec 16, 2008
Lee saying is right but not all the time. What's magic you want to perform ?
Very different for every person :)
For me, I chose Asher Twist, Four (Aaron) and Search'n'Destroy

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well if you were to ask Lee Asher he would probably say Witness, Asher Twist and Thunderbird and then push his $10 a deck cards while trying to get you to put his banner on your site from that shameless self promoter all the while ignoring your request to be taken off his mailing list! :D

Haha. Certainly an element of truth there, but magic has its business side too, and it's his prerogative.

Jan 16, 2008
And the $10 includes the reputation of the card company...they're so famous I've never heard of them. They're from ITALY...c'mon. You can't go wrong with ITALY. They made PIZZA.

Can't say for sure...but people tend to enjoy my card tricks more than my coin or mentalism tricks. I'd say Biddle Trick, False Transfer (coin, because it branches off to about...a milliong other coin tricks), and Billet Center Tear, which is...I don't know. Just to get anywhere in simple, impromptu mentalism, you should learn the Center Tear.

::dAvid

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results