Three Effects

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
Well if you were to ask Lee Asher he would probably say Witness, Asher Twist and Thunderbird and then push his $10 a deck cards while trying to get you to put his banner on your site from that shameless self promoter all the while ignoring your request to be taken off his mailing list! :D

You're very wrong. You didnt ask me. And that's not what I would have said. Actually, I've never said that to anyone.

And on a side note, if you want to be removed for my mailing list (something you signed up for on your own), then click the link at the bottom. It's in every email I send out. It's really not rocket science brother!

And if you want to know which three pieces I'd choose - you just have to ask. But you've never had enough sense to.

Insinuations, like your lack of practice, will get you nothing Likenthrope.

asher

Sep 13, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
You're very wrong. You didnt ask me. And that's not what I would have said. Actually, I've never said that to anyone.

And on a side note, if you want to be removed for my mailing list (something you signed up for on your own), then click the link at the bottom. It's in every email I send out. It's really not rocket science brother!

And if you want to know which three pieces I'd choose - you just have to ask. But you've never had enough sense to.

Insinuations, like your lack of practice, will get you nothing Likenthrope.

asher

So, I would like to ask. What 3 effects would you advise, Lee?

Jul 8, 2008
When I first started out, the tricks that got me interested in magic was the trick where you arrange the cards in red and black and they choose a card, then put it into the other pile so you can find it, the trick where you have 2 quarters and you slap your hands down onto the table and one coin travels to the other hand, and I the trick from Bobo's where you turn a coin into a ring

Jan 10, 2008
Ah, memories...When I was a beginner my three great pieces were The Biddle Trick, Think Touch Turn by Ed Marlo, and Secrets by Dai Vernon. Great thread by the way! Lee's advice is exactly what I did when starting out years ago. As a result, those three tricks listed above I made my own over time by adding myself to them and doing them just a little bit differently.

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
So, I would like to ask. What 3 effects would you advise, Lee?

Not to be semantic, but most everyone is listing plots (themes) - not effects.

For instance, Ambitious Card technically is not the effect, it's the plot. The effect is a penetration.

Take a few min. to familiarize yourself with what the classification of effects are:

http://www.geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php/Effect_Classification
(cut and paste if not clickable)

Now to answer your question, the three effects in magic I'd choose would be: in no particular order

1) Production
2) Transformation
3) Animation

Now it's your job as the magician to find the right plot, method and handling of each of these effects if you want to take your skills to the next level. This is the fun part!

Hope that helps. Thanks for asking.

Asher

Jan 19, 2009
1. I have to say ACR- I actually performed this today I have try to work on a routine some while now and I finally have come down with something and it was very fun to do.

( BTW at the start of the routine I do spread pass, and take a break and show them what that is and telling them what a break is, then its my job to get your card from middle to top without them seeing it (the card is already on top) and they will focous and then I just dibble the card from break very slow and show its on top, then contiune with normal acr movments and show how is done with almost no movments. i get some good reaction.
but maybe I am wrong telling them what a break is, so they will focous more and maybe have some fun when they think I am learning them something. I am not sure gonna find out what works the best )

2. Classic force

3. here then there

sometimes the biddle trick, control and dl, 2 card monte, dealers cop

Sep 13, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Not to be semantic, but most everyone is listing plots (themes) - not effects.

For instance, Ambitious Card technically is not the effect, it's the plot. The effect is a penetration.

Take a few min. to familiarize yourself with what the classification of effects are:

http://www.geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php/Effect_Classification
(cut and paste if not clickable)

Now to answer your question, the three effects in magic I'd choose would be: in no particular order

1) Production
2) Transformation
3) Animation

Now it's your job as the magician to find the right plot, method and handling of each of these effects if you want to take your skills to the next level. This is the fun part!

Hope that helps. Thanks for asking.

Asher

Thank you so much. If I may ask, what 3 effects did you start out with? If you actually started with 3 effects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results