Thumb Fan!

Nov 30, 2007
Me too

That knid of like me too. I don't know if you can. Yeah I noticed that too though because you can make it look nice but not big...maybe size of hands matters???

Oct 6, 2007
my world of magic
well, this is my methode
while u grip for thumb fan, angel the outer side to the left a bit, make it go inside the crotch(i don't really know how to write this) of ur thumb
then do the thumb fan
i'll add about 20 degree angel for ur fan.

P1010003_resize.jpg

P1010004_resize.jpg

P1010005_resize.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2007
The most important part of a thumb fan is that startin position. You have to cock the deck back to the furthest possible distance back, that will maximise the size.

after completing the fan, use your fingers (holding the fan) to slightly enlarge the fan. it helps make it rounder, cleaner, and just helps all around.

I've mastered this fan because i completely and utterly fail at the pressure fan.

Dec 7, 2007
Good question they answer it very well in extreme begginers. I always wondered the same thing and in actuality its really quite simple just cock it back as said before and let the cards roll of each other as one not as a bunch of cards it makes it one look better and two makes the fan bigger. I also recommend that if you want you can just pull your thumb back a tiny bit to push the fan out but not much

Nov 22, 2007
White_lynx has the idea.

The cocking the deck does make it rotate around much farther and therefore larger, but also keep in mind that the closer your thumb is to the middle of the deck, the smaller the fan will be.

Oct 6, 2007
my world of magic
White_lynx has the idea.

The cocking the deck does make it rotate around much farther and therefore larger, but also keep in mind that the closer your thumb is to the middle of the deck, the smaller the fan will be.

yup, thats true for sure
u have to make a pivot point as far as u can go from the middle
i should be around the border line

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results