TnR Query

v4p

Nov 17, 2007
I have a question concerning the TNR trick. Is it gimmickless? There is no need to answer if this will lead to exposure though.

Thanks,
Andreas

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Do you know mathieu's work? He creates the most amazing gimmicks.
What you consider gimmicks may not be the same as my idea. My idea is any object besides the two cards that facilitates in the effect. And yes I am almost postitive it is gimmicked.

If you don't know of Mathieu's work www.mathieubich.com

Sep 2, 2007
TnR will be available as a download, as well as a DVD, on the date of release. I'm not sure if that directly answers the question -- it probably does not, but I thought I would post it anyway... I digress -- but the answer is not known as of now.

However, it is fun to conject -- little magical fairies, like those on Fairly OddParents, use their magical wands to fuse the torn pieces together; and Oompa Loompa dust heated at over 5,500 degrees Kelvin dynamically switches the card from the Ace to the Queen. (All accessories included.)

On a serious note, we'll have to wait and see, if a gimmick is or is not involved.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Lets not get too close to exposing anything. This is only about whether or not its gimmicked, speculation about what the gimmick is should not be on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I think, since Jack mentioned it could be downloaded, anything you need can be done by you at your house and instructions on how to obtain/make it will be included. The thing is really simple: is the effect and the reactions you will get worth it? It seems obvious that the answer is yes. So, though your question is very very relevant (hey, we all wonder about that stuff) try not to worry much about it. I don't mind at all having a ton of set-ups and/or gimmicks on me, as long as it entertains people, I am good to go. :D

v4p

Nov 17, 2007
OK guys thank you all for responding. I guess we will have to wait until the effect is released in the 23rd and see. :D

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
If you are doing the restoration without the change can you sign the Ace, because I don't find the change practical but the restoration is so visual

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I don't think you can sign the ace, but by no means is that a drawback, signatures are nice, but people dont think like we do, and unsigned effects work just as well.

Sep 1, 2007
yes we magicians are always wanting something to be signed or immediately examinable but to a layperson they don't know the difference and don't care because they don't know the difference. Really having something signed is just for magicians sake but I as well really really doubt that it can be signed

Sep 5, 2007
yes this thing has a gimmick and no you probably cannot hand it instantly..

but the concept is really amazing!

hands down.. this is THE torn and restored card trick that will shock you!!

probably the most amazing concept trick here in T11 next to panic.

i love this!! i have been using this trick since last week!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results