TnR

Sep 1, 2007
Everybody's been talking about distortion and panic, but nobody's mentioned TnR! Personally, I think it sounds amazing

Thoughts?

-Brundo

Sep 1, 2007
I think Matthew Bich's TnR seems a fascinating torn and restored card effect too, but I'm already set with "TORN" by Daniel Garcia.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Just wanted to make a post and let you guys know that this effect is unbelievable. Here's EXACTLY how it looks:

A card is shown, and torn into four pieces. Each piece is individually shown -- front AND back -- and then the restoration. It looks like each piece just melts together. Now for the kicker:

With no ditches, moves, or anything funky, the card is turned around to show that it has morphed into a completely different card.

It seriously blew my mind. I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw it. Bich is brilliant.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Sounds great... I wonder how this compares to the soon to be re-released Perfect Asunder?

I can't wait to see the vid, it sounds very visual.

Sep 1, 2007
Just wanted to make a post and let you guys know that this effect is unbelievable. Here's EXACTLY how it looks:

A card is shown, and torn into four pieces. Each piece is individually shown -- front AND back -- and then the restoration. It looks like each piece just melts together. Now for the kicker:

With no ditches, moves, or anything funky, the card is turned around to show that it has morphed into a completely different card.

It seriously blew my mind. I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw it. Bich is brilliant.

Woah, that sounds amazing! When will you release the video? On launch date?

-Brundo

Sep 1, 2007
Orlando, FL
Mathieu showed this one to me a couple years ago. Visually it looks stellar. Mathieu is one of my favorite creators in magic; he has some really incredible stuff.

The first time we met in person he fooled me completely with trick after trick after trick in a little cafe in philly. I don't think I've been mentally abused that badly by anyone since then.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I am pretty sure it's Matthew Bick.
See my post above. "Beesh".
Anyways, I think that if the card changes after the restoration, it pretty much ruins the effect.
Not at all, and here's why. You have a card chosen then "accidentally" find an indifferent card. You then decide to use the indifferent card for something magical, "to redeem yourself". Perform the TnR, and when the card is revealed it's seen to be the selected card. Badabing, badaboom.

It's truly incredible to watch guys. I'm just as pumped as you are.

Sep 1, 2007
Not at all, and here's why. You have a card chosen then "accidently" find an indifferent card. You then decide to use the indifferent card for something magical, "to redeem yourself". Perform the TnR, and when the card is revealed it's seen to be the selected card. Badabing, badaboom.
Wow, it all makes sense know, awesome...

I too was skeptical about the change in this, but add a card reveal into it and that's what I call magic, damn, nice concept.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results