TnR

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
I was a little confused about how the transpo fit in, but after the explanation from JonRaiker I am really really looking forward to this!
Adam

Sep 1, 2007
I'm guessing about $25 not including shipping, that would match up with panic and distortion.

Mathieu is a brilliant thinker so I look forward to this. On originally reading the ad copy I was concerned about the change (does that yell out that there was a switch) but Jon's additional comments on the effect helped alleviate that. Thanks for the additional info.

Tim

Sep 3, 2007
Not at all, and here's why. You have a card chosen then "accidentally" find an indifferent card. You then decide to use the indifferent card for something magical, "to redeem yourself". Perform the TnR, and when the card is revealed it's seen to be the selected card. Badabing, badaboom.

It's truly incredible to watch guys. I'm just as pumped as you are.

I'm having trouble understanding, it would seem the spectator would want to be able to examine the same card that was restored. Otherwise they'll think somehow you switched cards and the restoration becomes unclear.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
If I had heard what the effect was prior to getting a sneek of it, I too would have dismissed the idea of adding a change to a T&R, just look at "perfect" asunder for how terrible it can look.

However, Bich's effect looks so unbelievably clean that there is absolutely NO idea of a different card being in play and the change at the end just hits like a tonne of bricks.

Oddly enough I considered the possibility of having a change at the end of my T&R but dismissed it/never bothered to use it. My idea was to use a business card. Borrow a spec's business card do a T&R and in thend turn it over to show it has changed into yours.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I'm having trouble understanding, it would seem the spectator would want to be able to examine the same card that was restored. Otherwise they'll think somehow you switched cards and the restoration becomes unclear.
Bich's effect looks so unbelievably clean that there is absolutely NO idea of a different card being in play and the change at the end just hits like a tonne of bricks.
Sir FansAlot,

Glenn beat me to it! You have no idea how clean this effect looks. There is literally NO possibility of you changing the card, as it's in full view of the audience the entire time... and they'll know this. You never move the card, drop it, take it near the deck, etc. It stays at eye level the ENTIRE duration of the effect. We could have literally used the web cam video he sent us as a preview. It's so amazingly clean. It was the first time I'd been amazed as a magician in a loooooong time.

Seriously... when you see this you're going to think it's camera tricks. No doubt in my mind. It looks THAT good. I'm extremely excited we have the chance to offer this to you guys. By far, my favorite effect as of recently.

Don't mean to "hype" the effect, but it's a masterpiece.

Sep 3, 2007
Pennsylvania
Just wanted to make a post and let you guys know that this effect is unbelievable. Here's EXACTLY how it looks:

A card is shown, and torn into four pieces. Each piece is individually shown -- front AND back -- and then the restoration. It looks like each piece just melts together. Now for the kicker:

With no ditches, moves, or anything funky, the card is turned around to show that it has morphed into a completely different card.

It seriously blew my mind. I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw it. Bich is brilliant.

Wow that sounds insane. I might get it when it comes out.

Aug 31, 2007
In case other people do not know, Mathieu Bich won FISM 2006 in the Invention Category. He is incredibly creative.

Take a look at his Spreadwave. I'm not even going to guess how much experimenting it took him to create that effect.

This trick sounds good but I will not know for sure after I see a video of it.
I hope that the method is completely different than Daniel Garcia's Torn. I loved his effect and I perform it a lot, I just don't want to pay twice for the same trick even that at the end you restore a different card.

Anyway I still don't like the end because then it will be pretty obvious that you didn't restore the same card, but I can never know how it would look like until I see the video.

-The Illusionist

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Believe me, if you want to compare it to Torn, no comparison.

Basically, take the first restoration of Torn, and make it CLEANER, yes, that's right even cleaner looking. The pieces are just touched and restored, not a single false move. Not one, this includes even the slightest finger movement to unfold another card, and no ditching/stealing.

NOW, make EVERY PIECE RESTORED THE SAME WAY. None of this each piece is LESS visual than the previous, like Torn, to the point where the last one is almost entirely a bluff with no piece shown. (No offence Mr. Garcia)

Every piece is restored cleaner than the first piece in Torn. At least that what I remember, lol.

So the idea that there is a switch/change, no chance even you will think that, even after you KNOW that the card does change.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wow jonraiker, the effect sounds amazing but I am ot huge on torn and restored cards because you have to keep wrecking cards.

But we will have to see, if it looks good enough I might just get it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results