Torn and Restored Matrix?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I once heard of an effect where a card is torn into four pieces and laid out in a matrix-like fashion on the table. Then the magician covers to of the pieces. When he lifts his hand, not only has one piece traveled across, but it has also restored with the other piece. This is done with all four pieces until you have a whole card again.

Does anyone know where i can find an effect like this?

Thanks!

Sep 1, 2007
Dani DaOrtiz has a trick where he tears a signed card into four pieces and does a matrix with the pieces. Then at the end he restores the card. It is pretty difficult but very practical. The trick is called Matrix Restored and can be found in his .pdf "Cementario de Cartas".

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I don't know where you can find that, but it sounds pretty cool. maybe overkill, but still, pretty cool for magicians.

Well, you say something like "Do you think i can put the card back together? Well actually, i'll do it the hard way, long distance!" And there you go.

Thanks Ineski for the source, i'll be sure to check that out.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
sounds awesome.
I recall seeing a trick similiar to this, but the one I saw seemed better.
The effect was something along the lines of a Torn and Restored "4 fly" i guess.
The pieces go from hand to hand and restore.
I saw it once but never took note of it cause at the time I wasnt into TNRs.... dammit... haha

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
Is there a version where you don't need to be sitting at a table?
I don't like anything that involves dropping things on my legs and semi-palming cards. =/

Dec 14, 2007
This trick was created by Derek Dingle and published in his complete works. For those who think it only 'good for magicians' it might interest you to know that it was performed by Doug Henning on national television in the 1970's.

Brad Henderson

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results