Totally Out Of Control Effects vs. One-on-One

Nov 25, 2007
This post has been edited, thanks to all of the awesome and uber cool magic kiddos here at Theory11. Your advice and professionalism regarding my many postings here on this site has been invaluable....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
all of kenners effects in his one on one are already taught in totally out of control

and im positive all the 1 on 1s are quality teaching and teach you the same effect in the book

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
The 1-on-1's that are taught by Chris are indeed the same effects taught in Totally Out Of Control. They are indeed top notch when it comes to the teaching.

I would kill, not literally, to see a 1-on-1 of the Elevator effect taught in TOOC. I'm having such a hard time visualizing the moves in my head.

Shane K.

Oct 13, 2007
Tooc

Yes in the book I have heard that they are the same effects except in 3 fry in the book the coins also transform into different types of coins (correct me if I am wrong)

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Yes!

Chris even says "From my Book, Totally Out of Control" before he teaches these 1 on 1s.

3 Fry, however is a different VERSION from the book, BUT the concepts are still there.

This has been an FYI post.

Katie

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
3Fly(1on1) resembles the routine Long Gone SIlver in the book if I am correct, without the wand.
I bought a couple of his 1 on 1s then the book. It seems in the 1 on 1s he goes through it slow enough for a begginer to comprehend, in the book, it is not quite as slow. I'd say the ones that he has right now, with the book should be easy enough to understand.

Dec 2, 2007
3Fly(1on1) resembles the routine Long Gone SIlver in the book if I am correct, without the wand.
I bought a couple of his 1 on 1s then the book. It seems in the 1 on 1s he goes through it slow enough for a begginer to comprehend, in the book, it is not quite as slow. I'd say the ones that he has right now, with the book should be easy enough to understand.

Er... I think you mean 3 Fry. 3 Fry is the same as what is in the book, except you lose the instant transformation at the end of the three silver coins to three copper coins. You will need to reasonably master the version without the ending transformation first anyway, so Chris's video is a great help to understanding the flow of the routine. (...and as Chris points out, 3 Fry is a great way to learn spectator conditioning and timing for misdirection...)

I have owned TOOC for quite a long time and never put serious work into 3 Fry until after I purchased the 1-on-1 video. Once I was able to see the effect, the words on paper just "clicked" for me.

I am hoping that once Chris has enough 1-on-1's together that he and Homer put them all together to create the double sided "Out of Control / Totally Out of Control" DVD. :) (I can dream, can't I?)

-ThisOneGoesTo11

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results