Trilogy or Be Kind Change

Jan 16, 2011
Hello all,
I recently got the new Bicycle Titaniums and I am ecstatic!!!! But I need something to go along with them....So I was just checking out TRILOGY by the Bucks and also have been eyeing the Be Kind Change for a while, but which one should I get? If I don't get the whole TRILOGY, which one of the dvds in the TRILOGY should I get? Do they come in downloads?

Thanks in advance!!!:D
Harry Potter

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2008
Seriously? You're comparing an expensive DVD set to a $10 download? If you're truly willing to spend that kind of money on the Trilogy, why not also buy the Be Kind Change? Both are very good, I might offer. And no, I do not believe the Trilogy comes in downloadable form.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
I think those products cant be compared... I personally don't like the Be Kind, the method doesnt fit to my perf style... I have all 4 trilogy volumes (1, 2, 3 and anthensome) and I think the best one is the first (tricks). But its difficult stuff so if you're looking for something easier I recommend you buying something else. My personal favourite is DGP (which is available as DL at t11). I posted a review about that pack in the forums, check it out.

Jun 10, 2010
Skip them both. Neither are of any usefulness to a beginner such as yourself.

Go read Card College 1 or Royal Road to Card Magic.

Jun 22, 2010
Martinez, CA
Well, I never said you were a beginner. Regarding the tricks dvd, it's great Like I said before if you have any questions about it just ask.

Jul 27, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Be Kind Change is difficult and angly. I would go for the Trilogy. If you only get one disk, get Tricks. You can download most of the tricks individually on dananddave.com, but it will be more expensive.

Jan 16, 2011
Well, I never said you were a beginner. Regarding the tricks dvd, it's great Like I said before if you have any questions about it just ask.
I know you didn't say I was.
Sorry for that misunderstanding...I just really don't like it when people call me a beginner.
Thanks for the advice, man, I really appreciate it. Are all the tricks pretty visual, or is there a really really visual one?

Jun 10, 2010
Sorry for that misunderstanding...I just really don't like it when people call me a beginner.
Thanks for the advice, man, I really appreciate it. Are all the tricks pretty visual, or is there a really really visual one?

While you never explicitly stated you were a beginner, you DID say this:

I've been into card magic and flourishing for a while, but I really want to learn some good sandwich tricks. Any recommendations for where I can find them?

That statement, also happening to be your first post, made me assume that you were. Of course, I apologize for the (careless) assumption.

Either way, I still stand by the previous comment (minus any possible offensive disregard for your skill level). You may not need the help of CC 1 or RRTCM, but still, the road paved with books is a better one. (I'm not saying DVDs are bad either, it's just that there's a lot more gold in print than on a DVD.)

Jan 16, 2011
Oh. Now I see why. It's all right, but I apologize too.
Now what you said about the DVD vs. Book. I read a post on this(somewhere in the forums, I forgot where) and I think that you're right but I still disagree. I like learning off of books, but sometimes they don't provide enough visual for me. DVDs, however, provide you with the visual, and you create off of that. The DVDs do have flaws, but I still prefer them.

Mar 19, 2011
Malaysia

If you want visual magic, you could check out Evograms by Jay Crowe or maybe Nash Fung's The Real Works of Color Fusion DVD. Both, in my honest opinion, are pretty awesome! Besides, there is an old saying in magic that you should always keep in mind: It's much better to be able to perform eight magic tricks well, than 100 tricks poorly.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results