Trilogy Trick

Jun 6, 2008
do you guys ever get a big reaction with these trick?

when i perform this to people, sometime it happen so fast, they don't even know what is going on.

for example, when i watch the trick, i didn't think it is a miracle, i think it is cool and i will learn.

now that i learn it, i can't get any reaction

how to you guys present it to make it interesting, instead of just cool

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
I don't perform tricks from the Trilogy. They are more for magicians. There are certain tricks that are just fun to practice and these are good examples. Subway and Hedberg's Peak are nice, so if I decide to perform anything from the Trilogy those are usually the ones.

I have performed a version of nearly every effect from The Trilogy, but every time it is my own handling to make it fit me personally, which I advise you to do. I think the only effect I have performed move for move was Collectors... but you basically have to... haha

C

May 8, 2008
England
sometimes it happen so fast, they don't even know what is going on.

It doesn't have to happen fast, you can just do it you're own way.

I have performed a version of nearly every effect from The Trilogy, but every time it is my own handling to make it fit me personally, which I advise you to do. I think the only effect I have performed move for move was Collectors... but you basically have to... haha

Exactly. :)

I was really proud of a subway the other day, and Hoffzy is one of my favourite tricks to perform. Hedbergs Peak is great fun. And hand to mouth, but you can get the card to pocket and things as well :) There's a lot you can do with the sleights and ideas taught too.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
This is an intrinsic reason why I don't like D&D magic - I personally find it to be flawed in its construction. That said, it doesn't mean you can't get reactions from it. But you will definitely need to work on the trick and develop it into something that works for laymen - otherwise, it'll remain a visual puzzle for magicians, the way it was created.

This is an intrinsic reason why I don't like D&D magic - I personally find it to be flawed in its construction. That said, it doesn't mean you can't get reactions from it. But you will definitely need to work on the trick and develop it into something that works for laymen - otherwise, it'll remain a visual puzzle for magicians, the way it was created.

Indeed. The effects are structured to fool magicians, which is probably why the Trilogy has been such a success. Magicians want to be fooled these days, and Dan & Dave's magic is created for that sole reason, seeing as they are not "performers" (IE, for Laymen).

Not to plug myself, but I have a video up in the Card forum as well as my YouTube of my handling of Hedberg's Peak, which some has said fixes some of the structure issues.

C

Jul 30, 2008
Honestly, I find that D&D is attractive to magicians due to thier style. D&D has influenced many flourishers and seeing that flourishing has picked up alot, they get influenced by thier magic as well.

Aug 19, 2008
i think any of those tricks can produce a reaction if u do it well and u put some good patter behind it. some of the tricks on there dont need a lot of patter, like card to mouth i barley talk when i perform that trick and i get reactions like u wouldnt believe

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
It would be nice to see on of the Bucks perform for a human being actually...

T'see how they interact trick and performance.

Gustav

Nov 18, 2008
CA
That one's nice, but we need more variety to really base our understanding of their performance ;)

Gustav

I know. That's why I wish we could see more. Currently, all we really see is their standard camera facade and patter. It would be really interesting to see how they would act in a small group setting or on the streets. Although, I can't really imagine Dan and Dave going to the streets. :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results