Triumph help

Dec 7, 2010
For all you triumph fanatics, I do the Renegade version. If you guys could remember, when you're turning cards face up and face down, and on the last ONE card, it goes on top. Someone asked me, why is it always that one card going on top.

How would i respond to that, and even avoid that situation?

My favorite version of Triumph is Kostya Kimlat's Culligula Triumph but that does require a cull. It does however avoid placing the last card on top.

I also do the Renegade version, and if you're getting called out on placing the last card on top might I suggest changing not the method but the patter or attitude? I have never got called on it and I think it comes down to the non chalant attitude. Don't even mention that the last card is going on top of the deck. The flipping of the cards face up and face down is confusing enough that the spectator should honestly believe you are mixing them randomly in random orientations so the "discrepency" of placing the last card on top of the deck should fly by. Don't make a move out of it. And once it's done just go into the cutting display to show some cards face up, some face down, some back to back etc. Hope that helps

And if you still want a method to avoid that, one way is perhaps place the last four cards face down on top of the deck instead of just the last one. So now you have, from the top down, three face down indifferent cards, face down their card, half of the deck face up, rest of the dec face down. Then shuffle off the top three cards until you get to their card and leave that on the top. I hope that made sense

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just watched the demo for Renegade, I don't understand what the issue is? It's a simple slop shuffle. What exactly is the issue that your spectators have called you up on?

Lafferty

Sep 1, 2007
As rep said, it's a focus issue. If you're performing hunched over watching the shuffle, you need to relax back and bring the heat off a little bit toward the end of the sequence. If you're not speaking throughout the shuffle try thinking of something to say, half of the reason magic works is that the audience has to focus on what you're saying AND what you're doing, so try speaking (say something meaningful please, or this won't apply) about WHY you're doing what you're doing or some type of story to keep their interest.

Again, toward the end of the shuffle start to relax and take the heat off of the cards. Speak for a little while, and then finish the trick, just because the demo shows all of the moves done all at the same time doesn't mean the effect should always be done that way. Take advantage of the natural pauses in a routine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results