Triumph Variation

Jan 1, 2008
not sure if this is the right section to post this but..

here is a triumph variation ym friend filth taught me, i really like and i would appreciate some CONSTRUCTIVE critism, thanx and hope you enjoy it =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4Cd2vfIIQ

First, Triumph (in my opinion) shouldn't be done with a faro shuffle. If you have a table, you have a number of more convincing approaches at your disposal. Even with the method you're using, you can use a riffle shuffle as long as you keep it quick and tight.
If you want to do it in the hands, the faro is an option, but there are in the hands riffle shuffle versions.

Second, the card should be placed back in the deck before the cards are weaved together, or riffled depending on your shuffle style.

Sep 1, 2007
Neat little triumph. You may want to check out Paul Cummins' FASDIU lecture notes forsome more varations on this theme - you can get more mileage out of placing the selection in after the faro weave withhis presentation tip.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with using a faro for triumph. You might as well say that triumph should only be done with red bicycle cards for all the difference it makes to an audience!

First, Triumph (in my opinion) shouldn't be done with a faro shuffle. If you have a table, you have a number of more convincing approaches at your disposal. Even with the method you're using, you can use a riffle shuffle as long as you keep it quick and tight.
If you want to do it in the hands, the faro is an option, but there are in the hands riffle shuffle versions.

well actually triumph is the act of have a slected card, then mixing up the cards is an ordanarily fashion making all the cards in differant order, then magically making all the cards the right order except your chosen card, that is the concept of triumph and thats how there are so many variations out there, theres not no certain way to do it even if you have a table or not

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Reminds me of the Simp(f)le Triumph that Chris Kenner teaches in the 1on1 section. Looks like the same method (to me) as well. You may correct me here if you wish.

Reminds me of the Simp(f)le Triumph that Chris Kenner teaches in the 1on1 section. Looks like the same method (to me) as well. You may correct me here if you wish.

i think ur mistaken, 2 totally differant mehtods, he mixed up the card by making them all differant ways by spreading through them, i do a faro shuffle to weave each card 1 by 1, face uyp and face down, but all triumph's concept are the same,

A card is selected and lost in the deck. The deck is mixed face up into face down. Instantly, all of the cards are seen to be face up except one-- the chosen card.

Sep 1, 2007
Orlando, FL
Looks like some version of the A Total Triumph from Cummins's FASDIU II notes.
The basic methodology involves the Tenkai Optical Reverse. On this front you can slow this move down a lot and it's still deceptive; you moved quite quickly here which increased the suspicion of foul play.
The insertion of the selection is Steve Reynolds idea and appeared in print in Cummins's routine. It's quite a nice ploy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results