Truly Creative Magic Performances

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I feel like creativity is one of the most hard to come by aspects of magic. I feel like there are many magicians and creators that think they are creative when in reality they are using the same methods and presentations of the past. I have got into some serious arguments with people over what is truly creative. Instead of going on and on I thought that this might be a good place to collect some performance videos of those inspiring performances that you find completely creative.

Reuban Moreland's Dice Matrix. I chose this because it completely turns a bonafide classic on its head. It maintains traditional props but adds a visual element that completely ramps up the magical nature of the effect. In each of these videos I go "Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?" They also have everything in them to make them a clasic in my eyes.

I feel like Michael Carbonaro is one of the most creative guys out there. His shaving cream routine it completely magical, it's not really fooling but I completely love the routine. I've never seen anything like it.

Teller's effect shadows is basically a modern classic, it makes you feel something and completely fools. I could go on but I'll stop there.

What's the most creative magic that you look to for inspiration?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
My creative go-to has always been Tommy Cooper. The way he goes about his presentation and the props is in a direction that you wouldn't see coming.

It's that sort of creative presentation of taking a prop and turning into something completely different and entertaining that I draw inspiration from

Reactions: Josh Burch
Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
for me Lu Chen is really creative and inspiring i saw on TV some time ago and those were really eye catching and in explainable
I love card magic and cardisry so for me still Daniel Madison and Jason England are my main inspirations who do the classics amazingly but if we talk about different and completely unexpected then its Lu Chen

Jan 17, 2015
I love David Williamson and Tommy Wonder. Their effects are just brilliant!

Patter-wise, however, Gregory Wilson and Daryl actually have great out-of-the-box patter.

As to sleights, Lennart Green and Harry Lorayne are both experts in this field.

But I really like Daniel Garcia too, especially his thinking and creativity which spans across a wide range of objects.
The same applies to Richard Osterlind too.

And of course there is Kostya Kimlat and Michael Ammar, who both combine slick sleight of hand, wonderful smoothness, and a sometimes hidden side of creativity.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results