TWISTED by Andrew Mayne

Effect:
A borrowed bill is signed on both ends by a spectator and then ripped in half. The magician attempts to put it back together but accidentally restores the bill in a mis-made twisted state with half the bill facing the wrong way! The signatures are plainly visible on either side! He finally restores the bill back to its original condition.

Review:
I'll start off by saying that the DVD is shot in high quality and that everything is clear and well made, everything is explained well and no details are left out, Andrew did a good job on this. You need to make a gimmick for twisted. Its not hard to make at all but you will have to ruin a dollar or you can just make a photocopy of one wich is what i did. I really like the effect its fun and easy to perform, and for some magicians it might not look that good in the preview video but trust me it looks good and spectators think its awesome.

Andrew as a bonus also teaches ''the remixed bill'' wich is Andrew's quick and easy mis-made bill effect where you give away a twisted bill. I think the DVD would have done just fine without this bonus, i didnt like it at all id rather just do twisted and i think most people will agree with me.

Overall this is a good DVD and if you like doing magic with bills and doing torn and restored stuff you should deffinately check this out. Besides its only $15 wich in my opinion is a really good price for a DVD.
Overall i give this a 6/10

Apr 26, 2008
Thanks 4 that review! I've been considering buying this for a while but i've never really made up my mind. Is the gimmick obvious to laymen? Also, is the gimmick reusable?

Thnx!

Laymen dont think you are using a gimmick it really looks like the other half of their bill and yes it is reusable you only need to make one gimmick unless you use it like 1000 times a day.

Sep 7, 2008
There's another review for this somewhere on these forums as well if you want to read it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results