UVT - Chris Lafferty :: Review

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Intro: Firstly, I would love to thank Chris Lafferty. So I talked to Chris on the forums. He asked for my e-mail and I was sent a simple Microsoft Word Document that contained his secret to his soon to be released triumph effect, which is to be released through MindLapse. So here is…

The Review

Trick: UVT, Ultra Visual Triumph

Created By: Chris Lafferty

Effect: “A face-up half of the deck is interwoven with a face-down half. Instantly, held in one hand and with just a shake, the deck 'rights' itself, leaving every card facing the same way, all except for the selection.”

Notes: Visually amazing, impromptu, fantastically easy and simple and bizarre.

Teaching: Very understandable and I have yet to find any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Method: The method is very simple and easy to accomplish with little practice. The method only uses a few simple moves and the result is a visually striking image. The method is also really well thought out and devious, but it’s also a little knacky.

Difficulty: Intermediate: On a scale of 1-10 (Ten being the hardest), I say it’s about a
5. This effect is simple and easy to accomplish. It will be easy for any advanced card magicians; beginners will need some time and practice to make the moves perfect.

Overall: Remember that I was sent a rough draft, because the booklet is still being worked on and I was reviewing by method and effect. I suggest that you guys keep your eyes on this one. I really love this effect and I really am enjoying this. I love the features of this effect and is everything stated in the Notes Section (see above).

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Sounds great. I'll keep my eye on this one. I'm still looking to improve the Triumph routine I currently use.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Sounds great. I'll keep my eye on this one. I'm still looking to improve the Triumph routine I currently use.

-Thanks for commenting CardClip.
-This effect is very visual and easy.
-I think that you'll be happy with this Triumph effect, so keep your eye on this effect.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks V, much appreciated!

If I may steam in...

What truly sets this Triumph apart is the fact that the deck 'rights itself' while the two interwoven packets are jogged out from each other- The 'moment' is in full view!

Yes, this effect will be released soon through Mindlapse at www.deechristophermagic.com, peel your eyes!

Thanks again!

CL

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
couple of mistakes in your post chris, might wanna check that out.

also, i like the idea of having the "righting" while the packets are interwoven. sounds like an interesting effect, and from what i can see, very easy. looking forward to hearing more about this,

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
-Yes,

-Two interwoven packets are jogged out from each other- one face down the other face up. Then with a visual color change, the face down packet 'rights itself' with a striking image.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
"Reason: Edited tdue to my negligence, and FOO:L's observational prowess. "

BUWAHAHA!

but in all seriousness, im really looking forward to this chris! started playing around with handlings of this after reading this thread.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Though I love PH's work, without a doubt, Unshuffling Rebecca was actually one of my least favourite pieces from AoA, and I wouldn't even really consider that effect to have influenced my thinking at all in regards to development of UVT.

CL

Sep 4, 2007
Ahh sorry about that. Its fine, to each his own I suppose. Well good luck with the release, the effect sounds great.

I'd have to see this effect, but the image I get from the description is one I just don't like.

To me, the Triumph is not meant to be done quickly and visually. Its a slow but huge moment of magic that can be milked more than the biggest heifer. Making it this modern "visual eye candy" piece totally misses the point of the entire routine, in my opinion.

C

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd have to see this effect, but the image I get from the description is one I just don't like.

To me, the Triumph is not meant to be done quickly and visually. Its a slow but huge moment of magic that can be milked more than the biggest heifer. Making it this modern "visual eye candy" piece totally misses the point of the entire routine, in my opinion.

C

Fair point, and that opinion is totally taken into account, but then that argument could be applied to every card effect and we'd be left with a magic scene where everybody is performing essentially the same effect. I didn't create this as 'eye candy', I created it as a solution to my problem with both of my hands being on the deck at the time of the 'moment'. I wanted to be able to affect the change with the deck being casually held in one hand, to dicount the theory of sleight of hand as much as possible. I also wanted to have a visual 'cue' to illustrate when the moment had occured- If you could really do magic, would you not give a visual moment for your spectator to cherish? I think I would.

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results