Vernons automatic gambler routine

Oct 29, 2017
Norway
so, I`ve been reading "Dai Vernon`s select secret" and he claims to have a self-working Gambling routine in it...however, upon doing the setup and running trough it a few times I find that his own setup only works for 2 of 4 phases...the 2 remaining ones either needs sleight of hand (which then turns it into a non-self working trick)
or something else is going on that I cannot explain.

anyone know of this trick, or is up for a challenge in trying to help me figure out how this is supposed to work?

Jason England

Elite Member
May 6, 2015
I don't know if you figured it out or not, but the description in Select Secrets is not wrong. It works just as written.

Oct 29, 2017
Norway
the third deal giving you 4 aces is impossible with the setup described if you follow the explanation, as 3 of the aces will be laying next to eachothers if you spread the hands out.

the third deal will give you 3 aces, not 4 as described.

Oct 29, 2017
Norway
in your Select secrets...is this the first half of your setup:
King of Diamonds, Acc of Clubs, Jack of Spades,
King of Spades, Ten of Spades ?

(underlined is to avoid reveal)

Jason England

Elite Member
May 6, 2015
Select Secrets was first published over 70 years ago and Vernon's been dead for 25 years. I don't think there's any problem laying out the entire setup:

KD, AC, JS, KS, 10S, KH, AH, AD, QS, and AS.

If you still can't get it to work then film yourself performing it and I'll tell you what you're doing wrong.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results