Video Editing Programs

Sep 2, 2007
Nova Scotia
I am looking for some reviews on some video editing programs used to make short magic video's I am using Vegas Pro right now, and havent found many issues. Is there a better program out there? and what do you think about them?

Nov 29, 2009
For me, it depends on the platform.

If you are using a Mac:

Final Cut Pro. Hands down. No other Mac program beats it. If your serious about your videos, get this. Hell, if your rich, I would tell you to buy a Mac just for this.

If your using a PC:

Avid Media Composer is the way to go for me. Powerful features but steep learning curve. Knowing your way around is essential. Not to mention it comes with a price tag that is off putting to some. [Edit] I should also put it out there that this is the de facto choice for studio professionals. Not that it matters with your personal opinion but that does carry some value.

Also, I find that Adobe Premiere Pro is very solid and a good intro into professional editing programs.

If you cannot shell out the money or find some way to get Avid or Final Cut Pro, Vegas Pro is fine. I would say 8/10. It does miss out on some of the more powerful functions.

If your using Linux:

Your stuck. I have not seen any good ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just purchased Magix Movie Edit Pro plus the other day and so far have only had a little play on it but it is amazing and only cost me $180nz so if your from America it will only be about $100usd max. It has won 75 awards and said to be as good as the adobe one (the one that is from the same creators as Photoshop) though I have heard that vegas pro is WICKED so I think you should stick with it maybe.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
On Macs you definitely want Final Cut Pro. Cheaper version is iMovie that is supplied on the macs.

On a PC I use a software called Pinnacle. It is very simple and easy to make videos. It is relatively cheap as well.

I don't know anything about Vegas but have always heard great reviews.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results