Video Editing Software

Oct 6, 2007
Anybody know PROFESSIONAL LOOKING, FREE, EASY TO USE video editing software?

I want to make a really cool video of color changes, but Windows Movie Maker is a little 'noob'.

Any suggestions for free, professional and easy to use video editing software?

Get a Mac! PC's suck for that sort of stuff. Even Macs iMovie is pretty good and very easy to use.

Agreed.
Macs OWN PCs.
ESPECIALLY for things like design and editing.
iMovie is great, and it comes with a mac.
But since you have a PC.... hmmm..
like said above.... cinderella is ok...
But if your going to start making nice videos
seriously, i would think about getting a Mac.

Calvin Lauber

For a really good editing program, you'll have to fork out some cash. If you are on a PC then Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere is the way to go. For a Mac, Final Cut is THE best editing software on the market.

If you are a good editor though, you can make great films with any editing program you use.

Mitchell

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
Unfortunately I can't recommend anything that's legally free on a PC...

But I recommend Sony Vegas for the PC. I found it to be the most intuitive & easy video editor on the PC while still offering high quality results. You should be able to find the consumer versions (Movie Studio) fairly easily at Best Buy or whatever big electronics shop.

I worked as a software developer for these guys too (Cinescore & DVD Architect), so I might be a bit biased... but I did actually use Vegas before I ever worked for 'em.

Sep 1, 2007
California
Get a mac bud

It is a great investment for yourself, as well as for magic. There is this very awesome software called Final Cut pro, which is definitely worth its price. If you can't afford or are not willing to buy a mc and use that software, then i guess the only PC stuff I can think that would match it half way would be Adobe Premier Elements 3.0 or something of the sort. Just make sure your computer has enough ram etc...cause it can cause major lag if you don't have enough =)

Oct 6, 2007
OMG I GOT SOMEONE FROM THEORY11 TO REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! OMG!

haah sorry for the excitement..

AM I IN LUCK OF WHAT!! my school recently got a load of imacs, with final cut pro...

im not fimiliar with it, but i just need somebody who takes media studies to help me with it.

im guessing final cut can do some of the effects in the theory11 videos, i really want it something like...where its a color change, and right when the card changes there is a sudden cahnge in music, or in volume or whatver...hopefully u guys get what i mean.

AM I IN LUCK OF WHAT!! my school recently got a load of imacs, with final cut pro...

im not fimiliar with it, but i just need somebody who takes media studies to help me with it.

im guessing final cut can do some of the effects in the theory11 videos, i really want it something like...where its a color change, and right when the card changes there is a sudden cahnge in music, or in volume or whatver...hopefully u guys get what i mean.
Final Cut Pro is TOP OF THE LINE. There's not much better a consumer can use than Final Cut Pro. I have heard Ellusionist uses Final Cut Pro to edit their videos. I'm not sure about what Theory11 uses.

Hope that helps!

You must go to one NICE school!!
We have... Dells.... yuck.
my old school had macs.. those were the days haha.
Yeah man i guess just play around with it after school..
Im sure there are some tutorials online too.
Lucky... ; )

Calvin Lauber

My School has Macs and PC's, and I'm taking a computer design course next term, so this thread helps me out as well. But, it depends on what your doing and if your doing only 1 project. I just use Windows Movie Maker for my videos, but, I've worked with the Sony product at a friends house and it works great.

-RA69

D

Deleted member 2755

That's exactly why no one from Theory 11 ever talks on the forums.:rolleyes:

Currently I'm trying to learn how to use Sony Vegas. As for Adobe Premiere, it is probably the best editing software you can get, however it is very complicated and hard to use. (I can't figure it out.) As for Vegas, I can't figure that one out either.:D It looks easier though, so I would go with Vegas because even though it is not as good as Premiere, it can still be used to make videos look professional and is a lot easier to use.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results