Way to keep your cards in good condition?

Sep 1, 2014
My cards are not very resistant and after a week of manipulating they just become bendy, don't slide or riffle properly, any way or technique to keep them in good condition???

Jan 4, 2014
hey infiniti,

everyone goes through this with cards but there are many ways to keep them as good as possible. The best thing that uses little to almost no effort is to get a card clip and keep your cards in there when your not using them. But first you need understand the wear and tear your cards undergo.

1) You are just doing card magic (where its not so much as bending the cards severely but springing them gently for a small flourish and that is it) then there isn't too much damage to the cards. so in a sense they stay nicer longer naturally.

2) You are doing FANCY flourishes which require bending the cards and twisting the cards around another thus creates tension on cards. So there are more cards being bent longer and causes the card to stay warped.

3) Finally you are doing more of a skill presentations of throwing cards or some other skill along those lines. which obviously crushes the corners of cards and severely bends the corners. In addition it makes it harder to keep them nice.

That being said once you know what your cards are going through its more of reversing the damage then keeping them in good condition. For example the human body, if someone breaks there leg you dont just say "oh well" you go to a doctor and get a cast and try to give it some rest to reverse the broken bone and let it mend. In your case the "broken leg" is the cards and the "cast" is you reversing the damage.

So, If your doing #1 then that means you might accidentally bend a few cards here and there. (when i say bend i just mean a small warp not a crease in the card). If so the best thing is to grab the card that is warped and have the bent part facing down and rub that on a straight edge, such as a counter or a table or my favorite just use the rest of the deck of cards. Just do this softly till the card is as straight as possible.

If you are doing #2 then you may find yourself bending 40 of the 52 cards in the deck. The best solution is to do the solution to #1 on the more severe bent cards. Then go through the deck and flip every other card. ( face up card,face down card, face up card, face down card, etc...) and store them in a card clip or place them under some heavy books for a while.

Now if you are doing #3 then the best and only solution is to straighten those edges and put them in a card clip or under heavy books.

hope this helps you save a couple bucks and keeps your cards looking nice longer :) .

Sep 1, 2014
Funny thing , I do flourishes, throw cards AND magic (more magic though) thank you, this helped tons, I already did the book thing, still, I might get a card clip.

Sep 1, 2014
-Justin Morris Loool, also I tried to just post loool but it told me the message was too short so double lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results