Wayne Houchin will be at our convention, will you?

Jul 24, 2011
A chance for the best Magic Convention for everyone. Wayne Houchin will be there.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to see what you all thought of this. I'm a very ambitious magician, and decided that since I cannot personally travel to too many magic conventions, I decided to make my own. With Competitions in Stage, Closeup, AND Street magic! I believe this is the only convention in the country to have a street magic competition. I already decided the prizes are going to be $500 for first, $200 for second, $100 for third. We also booked Wayne Houchin as a performer and will give a lecture to just the competitors where he actually teaches a couple of his tricks. I think that's worth it alone.

Lastly, I'm not trying to make a profit from this convention. I'm focused on making the best time for magicians that I can and bring magic into my neck of the woods (Las Cruces, NM) And since we are committed to making this the best, we are selling tickets through kickstarter and will be hopefully funding the convention by the ticket sales alone.

The convention will take place on January 7th, 2012. I know that seems a while out, but it's really only about 4 months away!

Check it out at: http://kck.st/nqK0on

If you have any Idea's please let me know what you think!

Jul 24, 2011
Sounds really cool. Too bad I'm pretty much on the other side of the country. I wonder how you could go about doing a street magic competition...

Hey Aaron, In case you or anyone else is wondering how the street competition will work: we decided that street magic is based on the surprising and unexpected as well as amazing routines. all the competitors will be performing at once in a large venue with all the attendees of the convention. they will have badges that will set them appart as performers for the street competition, and the judges will walk around with everyone else and grade the performers. now to be fair to the competitors, they will NOT know who the judges are, they will have to be on the top of their game the whole performance and amazing everyone who they can.

Also, if you are unable to attend the convention, please consider donating money and receiving a dvd copy of the competitions. We give this option for the people who can't attend.

Dude this is Awesome!! Me and my friend were just talking about how there is no conventions or workshops in the area. We live in El Paso so we'll definitly be there for sure!! If this turns out succesful will this turn into an annual thing?

Jul 24, 2011
Oh yes, if this comes to be anywhere near as successful as we believe it wil be, theres no question that I will do this every year. But the one thing I need to work with is making sure everyone who can attend knows about it and buys the tickets early. Kickstarter wil only fund us from the backers if our goal is met before the deadline. Feel free to email me for any information anyone 8am use to help get the word out!

Also if you want to meet up and talk magic if you come up to las cruces, let me know.

If you want, you can send me some flyers (if u have any) and ill drop them off at the magic shop here in EP. There isn't really too much of a magic community that I know of here but I'll definitely help spread the word.

Jul 24, 2011
make sure to advertise this in magic shops around new mexico because no one will come from out of state

We will for the two that I know of, one is the magic and juggle shop in alb, and surprisingly theres an EXTREMELY small one in ruidoso, and I,ll probably drive there. We also have a number of contacts in AZ and CO that we are going yo contact

Be sure that we get word of mouth going for everyone who can attend. There is a reason that we wanted to sell tickets cheaper than other conventions, to make it more available for more magicians.

Jul 24, 2011
Here's the strange part, I was at her place last week and asked her about it. She said they were closing as of august first for two years. now if this is true it's not worth posting a flyer there, but if she was lying, thats a whole other story. But We might be able to find more places too

Unfortunately it is true, she is the only magic shop in EP that I know of that has been around for years. But yes unfortunately she will close shop in September ( I didn't realize how close this was already). I know she was considering moving to Ft Bliss but not too sure how that deal is going. Either way I know a few magicians in the area including the employees of her shop that I keep in close contact with so Ill help spread the word however I can. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

By the way, how is the magic community in las cruces? Any shops over there?

Jul 24, 2011
I dont believe there has ever been a magic shop, but surprisingly, we have a fair amount of magicians that I have met personally. I know the majority in the city here, and many outside the city as well. But I decided that the magic community in the area needed a boost and thus, the convention. I helped out with the past few anime conventions at they are really popular here, so maybe we can get the same crowds! One of these days I would like to head over to el paso and meet up with some of the magic people there.

I agree, the magic community definitely needs a boost, hopefully the convention you are organizing will give it the boost it needs. And yea man me and my friend are always looking for new people to hang with and talk magic. With the support of the shop owner, we are actually trying to start up a magic club down here too. There used to be an IBM ring but I heard it wasn't too succesful and now its inactive. Were really just doing whatever we can to bring up the community. Hit me up with a PM here or email at adelaluz13@gmail.com if there is anything we can do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results