Webcam Problems

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Hey,

I having some problems on my webcam when I'm trying to make a practice video and send it out to a few members for advice. I was trying to record me doing the cardini change, but always a have flash in the video. It seems I don't have the angles right. To me it seems that I'm recording myself and I'm performing to a person sitting down(hope you can understand that). Like basically if a person with a camere is recording when I'm standing and performing. The webcam is a built in webcam on my labtop. I try to use different views, but theres nowhere high enough to record myself.

So if anyone can give me advice on how to film magic with a webcam then thank you.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I've had the exact same problem before, but the only suggestion I have is to find something high enough to put your laptop on (safely that is). I'm able to borrow a camera from someone, but if you can't, I guess you'll just have to make do. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.:rolleyes:

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Thanks Scarecrow1 I will try that(safety first).

Clearing off a shelf on a bookshelf might be high enough, if it's deep enough to hold the laptop. I have a video camera and tripod so I don't have to worry about this, but that would be my suggestion.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I have nothing to add as far as positioning the laptop, other than to use the video feature to check angles before you record.

But, when you can save up some cash, a Canon PowerShot runs around $200, I think, and a Gorilla Pod is about $35. They are awesome together.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I have nothing to add as far as positioning the laptop, other than to use the video feature to check angles before you record.

But, when you can save up some cash, a Canon PowerShot runs around $200, I think, and a Gorilla Pod is about $35. They are awesome together.

Thanks guys I will try to the labtop high enought thing. I don't work so don't really always carry aroung money so I may what I wait on that. Also I saving money to buy a piano. I going to start working during the summer so may buy bought.

Thanks for the advice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results