Weird Faces

May 12, 2009
So today i went to a fabric store to get some fabric to cover my table for shows. when i got there i asked the people where something was. They asked me what i needed the fabric for. i said im a magician and it was for my table. as soon as i said i was a magician the women looked at me really weirdly. she called the other worker and said to her i was a magician. the rest of the time i was there, they kept looking at me like i was a alien or someone famous. it was really awkward. has this ever happened to you?

Dec 14, 2007
Yes,

If you can be charming and do one (and only one) memorable trick, then you will be surprised what doors will open for you. I have been in the exact same place (fabric store) and because of this, one of the women volunteered to sew something for me.

But most importantly, if they remember you (and something about you) then when you walk in again, you will be special to them. Of course, it behooves you to remember something about them, too. Remember their name, or something they share.

You have a great opportunity there to make a human connection.

Brad Henderson

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results