What can I do if the spectator asks...

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
I'm in high school, and if a spectator asks, "Can you do it again?!?" or "Do another one." What can I do if they ask for a re-run of the trick or if I run out of tricks to do if they ask for another trick. I can't just run away..=\ ahha

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I'm in high school, and if a spectator asks, "Can you do it again?!?" or "Do another one." What can I do if they ask for a re-run of the trick or if I run out of tricks to do if they ask for another trick. I can't just run away..=\ ahha

Well, in all obviousness...the answer to that question is simply, "It's all up to you."

However, I would suggest doing something along the lines of saying, "Oh, well if you liked that one...wait until you see this!" and proceed to do another effect. Or you could say "Ah, if I show you everything I can do today...I wont have anything for tomorrow." and follow that with a smug smile or whatnot.

I hope this helps,

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
i just say "i never do the same trick twice for the same audience" or something along the lines of that... it works usually and nobody rarely complains

and if someone asks for another trick and i cant think of one.. .i just say "nah" or "i dont feel like it" or my favorite "i dont know any tricks" even though i just showed them one and it gets in to a light hearted argument on if you know a trick or not which then you can finish the conversation or talk about something else

Aug 31, 2007
Michigan
Before you perform the trick that you know they will give the responce of "OMG sHoW uS agIn!!1`2~!21!", tell them this, "What you see is what you get, one time only"

Aug 31, 2007
In the end, you gotta remember that you're the one in control, not the spec. Just as long as you've entertained them, they'll understand if you don't want to do any more tricks. If you finish on a good note, its always a success.

Adrian

planning, planning, planning!

Be prepared! The rule is not " never do the same trick twice for the same audience." if that were true there would be no such thing as routines. The trick is that the card comes to the top. I do this 4 times in my acr. The way to balance this is to do it in a different way. I always plan for this. I do biddle or bittle trick and if they ask me to do it again i say you know the golden rules... so they think its not going to happen again. instead of 5 cards i use 3 and do bizarre vanish by paul harris still ending with the selected card in the middle face up of a deck they were holding (what they wanted to see) but it was still a suprise what more could they ask from you. so you fooled them doing the same exact thing but they had no clue it was come. I also come prepared with 2 differant torn and restored cards. Torn and TnR giving the same principles of a repear they saw what they wanted to see, another torn and restored but with a twist of a color change that no one expected. Like some others said, you are the star of the show, they are your audience. If romeo took the advice of the audience maybe he would have met claire or Sarah and lived happily ever after, but thats not how the story goes. You wrote the play and improvized from time to time but you always got back on track and you showed them who's the main characters you created. Don't let the audience control your actions. voice from the left "Get off the soap box" "sorry"

Sep 1, 2007
Try this:

Actually do something similar, but do it with a different method, so that if your spectator is looking for the method, he or she will have no idea what to look for. Obviously, this only works for certain things, like the Ambitious Card, or some sandwich effect.

If they ask to see the effect again, just do something bigger that will completely blow them away, something preferably long enough that it would be tedious for them to want to see it again.

If they insist, just shrug and say "What? Do I look like your freakin' magic clown?"

Works every time.

I have this problem alot, and you just gotta know how to deal with it. For people who wanna see an effect twice, I usually say "Dude, check this out, you'll like this one better." and go on to another effect. If they wanna see more and more and more magic, or I just don't feel like performing (pffff) I usually say "Magic? I'm a magician?! No way!" or "SHUTUP." Whichever works for you. :D

Anthony Bass

heres what i do, i say lets see if it works again, so what i actually do is do the same trick over but with no slieght of hand at all, like if its a pass, ill say lets see if it works, and without doing any sleight lift the top card and show it was a differant card and say aww man i guess it only works once, or maybe for a backplam, ill just wave the card and dont use any sleight and say i guess it wont disappear, sorry and go onto another trick or say well thats it, see ya or whatever

Oct 13, 2007
Again I have to say, I've got no experience in performing and only very basic information on sleight of hand, but I think...
Doing another trick, which starts exactly like the previos trick (for the spectator) but ends different would be great. This would avoid statements like "I don't wanna perform 2 times for the same audience", that seem not so cool to me, and is very surprising to the spectator.

- muhazz

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
watch how DAvid Copperfield deals with a such request (although it was probably done on purpose) in this link as you can see he does the same thing in a joking matter except with a big finish or in other words he does a trick similar to the one before. Well you'll get it when you watch it! Have fun.

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
But what happens if I do show them another way to find their card, but just say "No the exact same thing you did before"?

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
watch how DAvid Copperfield deals with a such request (although it was probably done on purpose) in this link as you can see he does the same thing in a joking matter except with a big finish or in other words he does a trick similar to the one before. Well you'll get it when you watch it! Have fun.

your ****ting me right??
that was obviously a plant or something for someone to shout that out

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results