What deck do you primarily use?

Jan 2, 2016
California
For me, over the past few years I've just used standard Bikes since I bought a brick of them at Costco and am just now running low. I know most gaffs and gimmicks are made using Bikes but I don't use gimmicks (other than the Invisible deck and an occasional double backer/facer) often enough for that to be a primary reason. Most of the card tricks I do use a standard deck.
I am considering switching to the Phoenix deck or Bicycle Elites but I'm not sure yet.
Anyway, that's not the point. I was wondering what your deck for everyday use is and why? Do you also use some version of standard bikes? Do you use higher quality decks like those made by Theory11? Or were you a huge fan of the bright yellow with bleeding eyes design of Criss Angel's deck?

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
Just Bikes for me also.
I'll admit I still use those nasty Criss Angel cards from time to time. I have like a brick of them lol
Someone told me once to practice with crap cards, they said if you can do it with those... you can do it with anything.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Feb 1, 2017
I use the Costco bikes for practice, but I noticed that they're somewhat choppy on the edges and a little thicker than if you buy a single pack from Target. Not sure why.

When I'm out I'll use Nocs. They're plain enough to not be suspicious, and the marking system is useful for some impromptu tricks.

Stratego

Elite Member
May 18, 2017
I always carry an old Tally-Ho deck with me for daily practice. Beside that I use a lot of custom decks depending on my mood.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Currently using a deck of Orbits 5th Edition for sleight practice, and Hellions V2 for memory practice.

The reason why being that they were what was closest when I needed them.

So my, possibly flawed, understanding is that the decks that go to places like Target and Costco don't have to adhere to as strict quality standards as those that go to places like Theory11 and Ellusionist. That's why the edges might feel rougher or they may feel chunkier.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results