What flourishing and most sleight of hand really is...

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
Here is some info. on what Flourishing and some slight of hand moves rely on for speed and smoothness.. hope it helps someone:

MUSCLE MEMORY:
When an active person repeatedly trains movement, often of the same activity, in an effort to stimulate the mind’s adaptation process, the outcome is to induce physiological changes which attain increased levels of accuracy through repetition. Even though the process is really brain-muscle memory or motor memory, the colloquial expression "muscle memory" is commonly used.

Individuals rely upon the mind’s ability to assimilate a given activity and adapt to the training. As the brain and muscle adapts to training, the subsequent changes are a form or representation of its muscle memory.

There are two types of motor skills involved in muscle memory: fine and gross. Fine motor skills are very minute and small skills we perform with our hands such as brushing teeth, combing hair, using a pencil or pen to write, touch typing or even playing video games. Gross motor skills are those actions that require large body parts and large body movements as in the throwing sports such as bowling, American football, and baseball, sports such as rowing, basketball, golf, judo, and tennis, and activities such as driving a car (especially one with a manual transmission), playing a musical instrument, and marksmanship.

Muscle memory is fashioned over time through repetition of a given suite of motor skills and the ability through brain activity to inculcate and instill it such that they become automatic. Activities such as brushing the teeth, combing the hair, or even driving a vehicle are not as easy as they look to the beginner. As one reinforces those movements through repetition, the neural system learns those fine and gross motor skills to the degree that one no longer needs to think about them, but merely to react and perform appropriately. In this sense the muscle memory process is an example of automating an OODA Loop insofar as one learns to Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act.
taken from www.wikipedia.com: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory

so yeah: PRACTICE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGain and again an.. .......

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
isn't this common sense? at least for us Aussies it is ;)

at first I didn't want to say this but I really believe Caruso/Cuso's posts are rather pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
well yeah it is obvious, but just found that info really detailed and i found it interesting...

well im tired of countering your offensive comments, so i dont care if its pointless, if it really is then the mods will delete it.... if its not deleted then maybe if you guys post about 5 times each how dumb this thread is, then it will be removed...

and why offensive to the cuso ? he hasnt posted anything dumb, keep that crap to your self dude.

cheers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results