What is magic for you ?

Nov 16, 2017
Hi my name is Steven ,
i used study magic with Jeff MC Bride , in Vegas !
it was a really good experience !!

and I was really curious about what you think about magic ? what does magic mean to you ?

sorry about for asking this kind of question . But I do really curious about yous answer !

Feel free to answer it , Thank you !

Aug 15, 2017
Hi my name is Steven ,
i used study magic with Jeff MC Bride , in Vegas !
it was a really good experience !!

and I was really curious about what you think about magic ? what does magic mean to you ?

sorry about for asking this kind of question . But I do really curious about yous answer !

Feel free to answer it , Thank you !
Man, before I even started writing a reply, I know I am going to write an essay here!

Meaning of magic is subjective. For a deaf person, magic is being able to listen to the noise in a marketplace, it is music to him. For someone who lives beside a marketplace, magic is silence.
I live in India. What's the first thing that comes to a foreigner's mind about Indian magic? Indian rope trick! :)
What comes to Indians' minds about magic? Doves from a handkerchief!

To be able in this environment show magic to people with the above thoughts is magic for me. Indian environment is not against magic, it has never been. But it does have a stereotypical view on magic.
To feel as if I am one of the VERY FEW who can change India's thoughts about magic is magic.
Making a person feel what cant be felt, hear what cant be heard and see what never existed is magic for me.
Magic for me is the story of a person whose only talent was getting great marks in studies and topping the class. A person who's considered a geek. A person who found his talent in something that's not very prevalent as a hobby OR talent in his country.
A person who suddenly transformed from "Oh he will be boring to talk to, all he knows is studies!" to being the 'Life of the party' (and that too, without telling corny jokes).
That person is me.

If I had to define magic, I wouldn't be able to do it. Because that's sort of the point, right?
Magic is undefinable.

Magic for me means making my friends and family laugh. Impressing my seniors at school. Becoming one of the most popular ones at school.
Magic for me means the thrill of knowing something extra. Being included in a world which does not appear to the outer world easily. Access to psychological methods of influencing people that actually work (although I still don't think I should have influenced my parents in letting me watch the T.V. even when I shouldn't).
Magic has enabled me to see the world in a whole new light. It has made me realise what magic is!
Because the vanishing of the coin was not magic. Magic doesn't happen in my hands. Or any magician's hands. It was never meant to happen like that.
It happens in a spectator's minds. That feeling you get when you see a coin vanish, the stomach drops out as if we are in a roller-coaster. The feeling you get when you know what the magician is going to do, you know that it is not possible, you also know that the magician WILL STILL do it, and he does it! And you still get amazed, although you knew all along the way, you had guessed the climax. But the magician spun a story that made you stick till the end.
Magic for me is witnessing such reactions. Seeing the spectator's face when their minds are blown. Seeing them laugh out when there's actually nothing funny! Seeing them get afraid when there's actually nothing creepy! Seeing them cry when actually there's nothing sad! Seeing them express their emotions in reactions that don't make sense. Because the human brain has forgotten how to actually react to magic! Seeing people run out of words to express a simple incident of a ring levitating is magic.

Magic for me is a mysterious story. It has a huge prologue. But will never have an epilogue.
Magic for me is a journey that takes both the magician and the audience to a beautiful destination. But neither of them knows where.

Magic for me has been realising that magic is everywhere. I just need to believe.

All these words, all these artistic expressions, all these metaphors, all these heart-felt ideas...and I still have not been able to tell you what is magic for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results