What's on your pre-Christmas August list?

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
I started a summer job 2 weeks ago and I'm going to get my first salary in like more 2 weeks and I'm planning to get a smoke device but I can't decide between Vapr and Cloud 9 by CIGMA Magic.
And I'm probably getting "Invisible hand" ..... I think that's pretty much it.

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Well, my birthday is this Sunday, so I have a little money to spend.

Magic: Daniel Garcia Project Volume 6. There are a lot of cool tricks and sleights in that DVD that I would like. The Tic Tac effect is my favorite.
Angle Z. I feel like this is an amazing torn and restored effect that I would like. I don't have one yet, so it will be a new experience.

Cardistry: I finally found a good DVD that I would like. Solo by Micheal James. I was trying to find a DVD by Andrei Jikh that wasn't Genesis, but I couldn't find anything, so if you know of something please tell me.

Angel Z ??? Are you serious ? Both counterfeit & Ref4m are waaay better than Angle Z .... Plus: everyone says that it's the most obvious trick.

Dec 29, 2011
Angle Z. I feel like this is an amazing torn and restored effect that I would like. I don't have one yet, so it will be a new experience.
Angel Z ??? Are you serious ? Both counterfeit & Ref4m are waaay better than Angle Z .... Plus: everyone says that it's the most obvious trick.

Just so you know Luke, Angle Z is not a Torn and Restored effect, so if thats what you're after then maybe you should look somewhere else. however Angle Z is a fantastic effect. No, not everyone says "it's the most obvious trick", in my experience, every time it absolutely blows minds and has made my reputation among certain circles. Some people after seeing me perform it multiple times in different settings are able to figure it out, but thats it. It is extremely easy and practical.

Reactions: Lyle Borders

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
Just so you know Luke, Angle Z is not a Torn and Restored effect, so if thats what you're after then maybe you should look somewhere else. however Angle Z is a fantastic effect. No, not everyone says "it's the most obvious trick", in my experience, every time it absolutely blows minds and has made my reputation among certain circles. Some people after seeing me perform it multiple times in different settings are able to figure it out, but thats it. It is extremely easy and practical.

When I said (everyone) I didn't mean "Audience" i meant "Magicians" and my point is ... it doesn't worth it ... i just don't recommend buying it ....That is right it's is a great effect but i don't know about buying it .... and yeah you are right it is not a Torn and Restored effect i just noticed that LOL.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign

It is. But that extra $50 in shipping for a 16-18 pound book and extra Tenyo knocks that bad boy up to $300. Right now, I'm up to $1.28. Hoping for a windfall!

ItTransformations is great and I also would love a card duck. Not that I'd every use it in a performance, but I"m sure I could just spend hours playing with it.

Card Duck is great! I'm trying to come up with something half and original and just as kooky as this!

Aug 3, 2015
I would really like to get my hands on "How to cheat at cards" by Daniel Madison, not the PDF but the actual book.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
When I said (everyone) I didn't mean "Audience" i meant "Magicians" and my point is ... it doesn't worth it ... i just don't recommend buying it ....That is right it's is a great effect but i don't know about buying it .... and yeah you are right it is not a Torn and Restored effect i just noticed that LOL.

If I'm going to perform it, then I buy it. On video it is fairly transparent yes but it is very powerful live, for an audience that doesn't know what is going to happen next. I don't think Madison has the BEST work on the principle. I have used Jay Sankey and Justin Miller's variations on the effect and found them to be a little bit more structured in how they make the corner reappear.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Yep, me too :) Nothing but Mystery was really great in my opinion. I have added the Six Chair Concert and Three Ball test to my parlor show. The Three Ball Test fooled me the first few times I read it and it has been a very successful piece and the Six Chair Symphony has closed my last two shows with great success. The book includes the magician who fools himself as well. I've been able to try out almost every routine in the book thanks to the scarcity of props. I really think that the 3 Ball Test is one of the best audience pieces of magic out there, in my eyes it is on the same level as the 9 card trick used by Copperfield and others that Steinmeyer also popularized.

OK. You've sold me on Nothing But Mystery. From what you are saying, Conjuring Anthology is your best bet. I suspect you will find a couple of parlor routines poise some close up effects. The Stapled Card can go up against anything from Paul Harris.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results