What's the best trick in Royal Road?

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Great Job Josh.... The audio got kind of weird at 12:25 it starts echoing. But then it stopped.

Here are
My top 10:

1.Round and Round
2.Poker Players Picnic
3.Topsy Turvy
4.Design for Laughter
5.26th Card
6.The Three Piles
7. Grab Bag Card
8. Piano Card Trick
9. Ultra Card Divination
10.Telepathy Plus.

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
I know we have a few fans of Royal Road to Card Magic here. I also know that there's no definitive "best" answer everyone has a different opinion and a different preference.

Well here's my top 10 favorite tricks on Royal Road and I'd love to hear about yours!

All the ones with the glide, prominently "Design for Laughter".

And the first effect (which is given as a 'practice' for the top change) under the top change chapter is also pretty sweet! It is minimalistic, but entertaining!

Jul 26, 2016
I almost didn't write this post out of sheer selfishness because my fave trick in the RRTCM is sooooo good I wanted to keep it for myself. But that wouldn't be very nice, would it? My mom taught me to share my toys with my brothers and sisters. But what makes the trick so good? Well, first of all, I have known dozens and dozens of magicians, both amateur and pro, and have always been amazed that none of them - and I mean zero, zilch - have done this trick or even know of it. Equally amazing, most of them owned and/or read the book and totally overlooked this gem. It is so simple (requires no sleight of hand), and yet it is a total magician fooler (I absolutely love watching the look of bafflement on their faces). Sadistic, huh? It's great for lay people too. What else? Oh, it's unique, really easy and lots of fun to do, it doesn't involve them "picking a card," and prior to the delightful revelation, it can convincingly be sold as a "you just THOUGHT of a card." And, it has a very surprising and magical climax. Now you're thinking: "When the H is he going to tell us what it is?"

Well, I'm really sorry, but I've decided not to, because...
...I'm a sadist.

OK, just kidding. It's called "Mountebank Miracle," and it's in Chapter XIV, "The Reverses." I hope you give it a try and have as much fun with it as I have. One tip I would offer (and you really don't even have to do this, but I think it makes it even stronger) is, at a certain point in the trick, to throw in a jog shuffle that retains the top stock. You'll know where...

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I almost didn't write this post out of sheer selfishness because my fave trick in the RRTCM is sooooo good I wanted to keep it for myself. But that wouldn't be very nice, would it? My mom taught me to share my toys with my brothers and sisters. But what makes the trick so good? Well, first of all, I have known dozens and dozens of magicians, both amateur and pro, and have always been amazed that none of them - and I mean zero, zilch - have done this trick or even know of it. Equally amazing, most of them owned and/or read the book and totally overlooked this gem. It is so simple (requires no sleight of hand), and yet it is a total magician fooler (I absolutely love watching the look of bafflement on their faces). Sadistic, huh? It's great for lay people too. What else? Oh, it's unique, really easy and lots of fun to do, it doesn't involve them "picking a card," and prior to the delightful revelation, it can convincingly be sold as a "you just THOUGHT of a card." And, it has a very surprising and magical climax. Now you're thinking: "When the H is he going to tell us what it is?"

Well, I'm really sorry, but I've decided not to, because...
...I'm a sadist.

OK, just kidding. It's called "Mountebank Miracle," and it's in Chapter XIV, "The Reverses." I hope you give it a try and have as much fun with it as I have. One tip I would offer (and you really don't even have to do this, but I think it makes it even stronger) is, at a certain point in the trick, to throw in a jog shuffle that retains the top stock. You'll know where...

The trick right before it or after it is awesome too ... It's called Mentalivity....If my memory serves me correctly you ask the first spectator to think of a number between 1-10 and the card that lands on his number, Then you ask a second spectator to think of a number between 10-20 you place the top twelve cards in reverse position to the bottom of the pack during some misdirection. You go onto the number which the first spectator tells you and you say "Look , your card is no longer there in x position" You subtract the first number from the second number and count down that many cards and say "sometimes" and as you point toward this card you are actually reversing the entire pack so that the twelve cards that were reversed are now atop....... Count from this derived number to the second thought of number and lo and behold it is the thought of card. This I actually think is probably one of the most impressive trick in the book. Surprisingly, I did not put it in my top 10 :oops:

Reactions: Josh Burch
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results