What's this?

Oct 6, 2007
Hey guys,

I remember watching a video a while back from (I think) one of our very own here at T11 (not in the media section though).

I'll try to describe the trick as best as I remember and hopefully somebody knows what I'm talking about.

Here goes...

A card is chosen and memorized. It is then shuffled back into the deck. The cards are then spread out all over the floor or table, any flat surface. The magician then asks the spectator to point at a particular area on the pile of cards. All the cards in that area are removed. The magician asks another spectator to point at another area, and those cards are removed. This continues on until there are two cards left- the spectator picks one, and it is removed and then only remaining card is the chosen card.

I think is is quite an accurate description :S

The reason I ask is because I've been using (what I believe) to be an original trick of mine, which has the same type of effect. However, there is no repetitive removal of the cards and the spectator is able to tell me which card is theirs in the pile, just by using their 'attraction' to the card.

Anyway, can someone tell me what the name of the trick I've described is called? And if possible any history of the trick? Similar tricks, inspiration, etc.

Oct 6, 2007
Something quite similar to Ricky Jay's effect, but that's not it.

Can nobody really tell me what trick was in that video? I remember it was in a montage of performances and this specific one was on the floor of his school. Again, it was one of the T11 members.

Anybody know?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results